What did you do to your YZ450FX today?

What do you mean by flat?

There is a difference in rise and that expected with taller bar, but the Windham actually has more sweep then then YZ high bend. Their actually pretty close to stock feeling except for height, which I like the stock profile. Edited by RMK800

Tested out the range...  74.8 miles of mixed single track, fire roads, log hopping, etc... until empty.

Damn that's impressive!  No need for a larger tank with a range like that.

I finished up the first oil change today and checked suspension settings.  On that note, what is everyone running for clicker and sag settings on these bikes?

Damn that's impressive! No need for a larger tank with a range like that.

I finished up the first oil change today and checked suspension settings. On that note, what is everyone running for clicker and sag settings on these bikes?

if it's a 16, I found forks 5mm up, sag at 100mm and 2 clicks out on fork compression and add a half turn out on high speed. This is the 5th combo I have run and it is spectacular. Too much sag by a few mm and the front pushes, if you don't move the forks at least 3mm then the front pushes. This bike is very touchy and the sag and fork height change the bike drastically with small changes.
  • Like 2

if it's a 16, I found forks 5mm up, sag at 100mm and 2 clicks out on fork compression and add a half turn out on high speed. This is the 5th combo I have run and it is spectacular. Too much sag by a few mm and the front pushes, if you don't move the forks at least 3mm then the front pushes. This bike is very touchy and the sag and fork height change the bike drastically with small changes.

The FX has 22mm forks, do you still recommend the 5mm up?

This is almost exactly what I'm running on my 250FX.. Forks up 3-5mm, 2 clicks out on compression, 1 on rebound, and half out on high speed.  

• Like 2

That's just about my setup as well. I played with raising the forks but for me it increased the head wabble at high speed so I dropped them back down.

is it the yz450f or yz450fx? On the 450f it seems like the fork height is situational but sag needs to be at the recommended range. I like having the forks up and don't seem to have any negatives except if it's really hardpack....

Is that 2 clicks out from the middle setting?

Is anyone that weighs around 255lbs able to get 100mm of race sag with a decent static sag number? I have a 6.8 shock spring and 5.4 fork springs. To get 100mm of race sag I'm at around 14mm of static sag which I feel is not enough. But I don't think there's a higher rate spring. I'm running around 110mm with 25mm or so of static sag. Bike pushes a bit which is why I'd like to be closer to 100mm.

Linkage was greased when I got the bike home and there's no binding...