Front brake sucks

I have an 09 WR450. My front brake sucks. New pads, new fluid, bled multiple times and it still sucks. I can touch the lever to the throttle grip with ease. It'll stop the bike but it needs to be better. I've been told that it could be my master cylinder which is stock. Any ideas?

Thanks

Rebuild the master cylinder with all new seals.

Its not just a level adjustment issue is it? My brakes suck too but the lever doesn’t go to the bars. 

Ziptie the lever to the grip ( compress it ) and turn the handlebars to the left.     

Undo it in an hour or so and check it.

Ziptie the lever to the grip ( compress it ) and turn the handlebars to the left.     

Undo it in 24-48 hours, after periodically tapping the caliper and brake line to break loose the air bubbles. Then check it.

Fixed...but you have to compress the caliper in ALL THE WAY with  wood and a c-clamp, and put plumbers tape on the bleeder valve befire you bleed it, and make sure all the parts are not worn out, and work, first.

Edited by KRANNIE

Try it the way I typed it out before trying all the voodoo bulshit first. :lol:

Try it the way I typed it out before trying all the voodoo bulshit first. :lol:

Yeah, proper mechanical technique is voodoo. 

Yeah, proper mechanical technique is voodoo. 

Proof is in the pudding,  I've yet had to resort to a wood block,  C clamp and plumbers tape to get brakes bled yet.   Been wrenching/fabricating/fixing/rebuilding/restoring vehicles ( land, sea and air ) for better than 35 years.

You're assuming because I'm new here,  I'm new.  

Proof is in the pudding,  I've yet had to resort to a wood block,  C clamp and plumbers tape to get brakes bled yet.   Been wrenching/fabricating/fixing/rebuilding/restoring vehicles ( land, sea and air ) for better than 35 years.

You're assuming because I'm new here,  I'm new.  

I made no assumptions.

I instructed a poster a sure-fire way to solve his problem, assuming the master cylinder is not worn out or needs rebuilding.

Your 'non-voodo bs' response would do nothing if there is air trapped behind the pistons, which is the most common problem for people having trouble bleeding brakes.

When you do a few more bikes, you'll understand.

Edited by KRANNIE

LOL