Mxrider637

2016 yz450f review? issues? set up?

15 posts in this topic

Hello

I'm getting a 2016 yz450f

Just looking for some reviews from real riders..

How's it for trails hairscrambble

How's the handeling compared to the 2010 model

How's stock suspension any one find any good set ups for stock

Amazing bikes. Awesome for scrambles because they are very stable at full speed. No complaints

Stock suspension is amazing. Best in the game

1 person likes this

Amazing bikes. Awesome for scrambles because they are very stable at full speed. No complaints

Stock suspension is amazing. Best in the game

You have the 2016 yz450f?

How many hours do you have on it so far

I'll be getting mine tomorrow or monday

I have a 14' but they are pretty much the same bike. I have probably close to 100 hours on it with no issues. I love this bike. No complaints

Awesome bike. Ive got 48 hours on mine without a single problem. MX only. Raise forks 4mm helped mine corner. Also went to 49 rear which I like better. O ring chain is a must on any 450 along with hour meter. Did I mention its awesome?

Started my brand new 2016 yz450f when I got home from the dealer and it has a noise sounds just like when ur utch basket is grooved and chatters well that what it sounds like and goes away when I pull in clutch this is a new bike dose it need to break in the clutch or what could this be

All reviews seem to be pretty good except transworld who complain about triple clamps and way 16 turns.... Nothing that can't be tuned though

Got my 16 a month ago, came from an 08 crf450r. Yamaha has a softer bottom then the honda but after that has more power by a long shot. Suspension: I won't even get this revalved, it's just that good. It's a flick able and steady bike. It's a race bike right off the showroom floor. Things I don't like, but am already used to: airfilter noise, I just started being ok with that. Oil capacity, only 700ml on an oil change for an entire engine?! Using amsoil to comfort me there. Last thing.....the yellow ones have a swingarm decal, blue does not. I bought the oem decals for my blue one. Why did I have to spend 10 bucks?.......list of complaints is juvenile I know, but it's a spectacular bike and I feel it will be sought after for a long time.

1464611561636.jpg

1464611577719.jpg

1464611593676.jpg

Btw....I went out on compression 2 clicks on forks, put bars in forward mounting holes with clamps back, set sag at 107mm. Bike came greased pretty well, only the linkage needed a touch up. Spray brake rotors down with brake cleaner before first ride.

What is everyone running their sag set at? I'm having problems with the bike feeling unstable around sweeping corners and flat turns. I wanna get the sag right before moving the forks.

What is everyone running their sag set at? I'm having problems with the bike feeling unstable around sweeping corners and flat turns. I wanna get the sag right before moving the forks.

after the race Sunday, I went back to stock sag set at 100mm and moved forks up 4mm. I had pushing on the front end that was horrible at 107mm sag

I was having the same problem until I switched to a 22mm triple clamp. I know some guys are happy with the stock 25mm offset but for me the 22mm works great.

For me, the 2015 was the better of the two, engine wise and suspension wise. Having said that the 2016 is still a good bike. I need to re-spring or re-valve the bike and would prefer the 22mm offset. With the stock setup I have found 100 to 104 mm sag with fork run between stock height and raised by 4mm a good setup depending on how tight or fast the track is. Buy one, you will not regret the purchase.

1 person likes this