HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Berrey775

wr450 noise

13 posts in this topic

Anyone out there know what a high pitched whining type noise would be.

Only seems to happen after I get off the gas and coming to a stop from hard acceleration??

Bike is a 2009 Yamaha WR450. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's all good and thank you very much,  but the noise is still there sometimes when I am stopped. high pitch squeal whine. goes away after stopping.

That's all good and thank you very much,  but the noise is still there sometimes when I am stopped. high pitch squeal whine. goes away after stopping.

Well which is it

1 person likes this

Not talking about the whistle'ish noise from the carburetor by chance?

Just does it for a few seconds on decel. Think I read it was the slide plate that makes the noise and its normal.

1 person likes this

I thank everyone for responding. Still a little new to this and when comes to repairing my bike, sometimes I need a lot of help. So thank you to you guys.

yes, that would be the noise. Drives me nuts. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this noise?

The 'carb whistle' noise is one pitch, and not very loud, and only happens at a certain point of throttle opening.

It's usually a very mellow sound, and not a 'high-pitched squeal', so I'm not sure that's what you are hearing.

The slideplate has a hole in it like a whistle, hence the whistle sound.

1 person likes this

Mine started to do that "turbo" sound after I cleaned it and changed a couple of jets for new ones. As far has I know its normal.

1 person likes this

Mines a decent whistle/squeal sound but doesn't last very long. When I first bought the bike it really had me scratching my head.

Now I don't even notice it

1 person likes this

Sometimes the noise is not heard, other times pretty loud and lasts for 30-45 seconds. I just don't know. Everyone says its normal, just makes me wonder. Thank you to all who posted. Truly appreciate it.

My 2015 does the same thing almost sounds like the low fuel beep but it's not. Only on decel or going down hill or at least that's when I hear it. It's pretty annoying