Can somebody please help me

Good after non guys first time poster here.  I just picked up a 2001 YZ 426F.  First dirt bike in a long while.  I picked this bike up really good shape accept that it dont idle.  I have been through these forums quite a bit and have tried a few things.

I did clean carb twice seems to run smother but still wont idle.  I checked valves I think the intake is a little two wide being at .017mm and the exhaust seemed ok at .023mm.

My first thought was to turn up the idle a bit with the screw.  There is no screw to adjust idle????????.  What am i missing here i have seen it in many pictures but this bike dont have one.

If I hold the throttle on just a bit it idles as soon as i let it go it shuts off.  It seems to idle good for a long time if i leave the hot start lever out.

My garage is at about 10 degrees inside if I use the choke cold start it wont start if i push that back in and pull out the hot start (from cold) bike fires right up.  But still wont idle.  Advice please.

number on carb is 5JG5 500111

Good after non guys first time poster here. I just picked up a 2001 YZ 426F. First dirt bike in a long while. I picked this bike up really good shape accept that it dont idle. I have been through these forums quite a bit and have tried a few things.

I did clean carb twice seems to run smother but still wont idle. I checked valves I think the intake is a little two wide being at .017mm and the exhaust seemed ok at .023mm.

My first thought was to turn up the idle a bit with the screw. There is no screw to adjust idle????????. What am i missing here i have seen it in many pictures but this bike dont have one.

If I hold the throttle on just a bit it idles as soon as i let it go it shuts off. It seems to idle good for a long time if i leave the hot start lever out.

My garage is at about 10 degrees inside if I use the choke cold start it wont start if i push that back in and pull out the hot start (from cold) bike fires right up. But still wont idle. Advice please.

number on carb is 5JG5 500111

Get those valves in check. Intake should be .010-.015 and exhaust should be .020-.025. Idle adjust screw on the carb is on the left side. Black knob. Edited by 0bigsilver6

there is no idle screw on mine.  you are talking same side as choke? correct ? nothing there.  Any Ideas did they all have idle screw/KNOB ?

I am going to try to up load a pi turn to show.

1459127506983.jpg

Here is the other side

1459127783691.jpg

Yes there should be a black knob down on the bottom left, right where that cutout is on the float bowl, same side as choke. Looks like you'll probably have to order a replacement

Edited by 0bigsilver6

Where does it go in? That would most likely be my idle issue would you agree? I just can't see where it's missing from

Where does it go in? That would most likely be my idle issue would you agree? I just can't see where it's missing from

That I can't recall off the top of my head. I believe it goes in the hole on the top of the carb in the second picture, on the left above the intake port by where the end of the pull cable would go. Edited by 0bigsilver6

If no one chimes in with a for sure answer shortly I'll go check mine and snap a picture.

Any odd have a picture of where that idle control would Run into the carb?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1459128550.128361.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1459128578.991837.jpg

I was mistaken on both counts. It sits above the float bowl because the bracket gets bolted on with one of the float bowl screws. And the cable actually goes into the hole on the right side of you picture towards the top. Right across from that hole I said before. You can see it on mine, it's that black cable, obviously lol

Edited by 0bigsilver6

Yup thank you so much that sums it up I am missing a part. Dealer shoukd sell that I hope. Those pictures are such a help. Thank you so much.