Finally decided to just get another 450 instead of rebuilding mine

I dropped 3 valves and basically destroyed my 08 yz450 engine from the cylinder up. With me doing all the work myself, it was still going to cost about $1800, so I kept looking and looking, and finally found this 07 yz450 for what I thought was a hell of a good deal for $2000. So now I have all kinds of extra parts. I will probably be posting the suspension up for sale(Euro suspension set up for about 240lbs front and rear).

After market parts are full fmf exhaust , full Euro racing suspension , boysen quick shot on carb, ride engineering triple clamps, the valves recently checked, blue hammer head shifter and engine plugs , just rebuilt and it has about 10 hours since then, new renthal R1 chain on plus a blue renthal rear sprocket and a new front only rode once with these and also a new twin air air filter. It also has a polished frame and swingarm.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1459112321.887259.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1459112335.538317.jpg

Here is my old one. I am going to combine the best of both onto one.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1459112417.164211.jpg

Can't go wrong doing that..so long as the new one doesn't spit a rod..lol

That's a steal! Not sure if bikes are just more expensive by Michigan or what but when i was looking for my bike i was looking for a 450 and cheapest i could find was 2300 for a clapped out 2005. 

Was the damage on the old bike isolated to just the top end?

Doubtful.  If it mashed valves against the head, the crank is likely damaged.  Maybe just knocked out of true, but it could also have bent the rod, or slammed dents into the crank pin and/or rod bearing race.

What greyracer said........

I haven't checked the clearances on the crank from the broken engine yet.

That's a steal! Not sure if bikes are just more expensive by Michigan or what but when i was looking for my bike i was looking for a 450 and cheapest i could find was 2300 for a clapped out 2005.

Most of the 06-09's here in St.louis go for between $2000-$4000

About the same as there. I have looked all over the U.S. at used bike and the are all really close in price