HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

chanceafrica

2000 wr400 lighting issue

1 post in this topic

i have this wr400 in my shop and the lights dont work. 

i have power going in to the reg/rec but not coming out.

ive hooked a conventional motorcycle battery up to the system and all lights/functions work. so i know the wiring is good up front and switch works.

i cant seem to find a wiring diagram for this bike that matches what i have. i dont know if this is a lighting kit and has a separate diagram specific to the kits manufacturer. the main left hand switch has a kill button, a horn button and 4 light positions. high beam,low beam, one im not sure (has 2 headlight icons) and a dot which i assumes kills the lights. that last dot kills the bike. 

ALLEGEDELY the lights worked when the guy parked the bike. it sat for 6 months or so? maybe more.

what is this battery pack next to reg.rec?

did these batteries drain from sitting and thats my issue? how do i isolate the reg/rec? 

why is the damn spark plug boot 90$?

any insight is appreciated thanks.