HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Hakkalugi

Need advice on woods suspension for 07 yz450

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys looking for advice on suspension for me. My front fork seals are shot so I need to replace them soon, while im in there is there anything els I should be doing? Im a lighter rider (140-145lbs) id like a softer set up for the woods. The kid I bough the bike from was probably 200+. Took my dads ktm for a spin and it seems to soak everything up so much nicer in the woods. The suspension seems very soft on it vs my bike. The rear shock collar is nearly all the way up, maybe a softer spring or? Appreciate any reply's. 

I'm about to change my '07 to mimic the 450FX stock stacks as a baseline. I'm also about 145 and it may be still too stiff, but I wanted to try it out since everyone seems to love it.

First, you need to check your sag and do springs though. Can't get the valving right with wrong springs.

If you do a search in the suspension forum there are a few guys who have posted up the stock FX stacks already

I'm about to change my '07 to mimic the 450FX stock stacks as a baseline. I'm also about 145 and it may be still too stiff, but I wanted to try it out since everyone seems to love it.

First, you need to check your sag and do springs though. Can't get the valving right with wrong springs.

If you do a search in the suspension forum there are a few guys who have posted up the stock FX stacks already

appreciate it, will look into it for sure!