office

'99 WR400F front brake line

6 posts in this topic

Hey WR gurus,

I'm having trouble finding a front brake line for my '99 WR400F. From my understanding (and reading a bunch of old threads) a YZ400F from the same year will NOT fit due to the hose length. Are the later model WR450F brake lines compatible?

I'd like to grab this if possible:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006B2DW5Q?keywords=wr%20brake%20line&qid=1458703666&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

This retailer says that the WR400F brake line is compatible is compatible with all these models but I am wary since it's not a typical retailer I deal with:

https://www.ridersdiscount.com/moose-racing-front-brake-line-wr400f-yz-125250400426450f-192656

• WR400F 98
  • YZ125 98-04
  • YZ250 98-04
  • YZ250F 98-04
  • YZ400F 98-02
  • YZ426F 99-02
  • YZ450F 03-04

I'd like to buy a Goodrich brake line if possible - I like the quality and have one on my XR650L.

Thanks!

My 2003 450 front brake line is like 66 inches long or something stupid like that.  

I contacted a guy on Facebook that custom-built a blue one for me for about $45.  

I measured it, he made me one.   PM me if you're interested.

Edited by ftl900
1 person likes this

Here's the guy that made I made the brake line for me. Raymond Chan, Look him up on Facebook. See the attached image, he has a race car for a profile picture.

Screenshot_2016-03-23-16-15-23-1.jpg

Edited by ftl900
1 person likes this

I have one that may work.  I see you are in California.  If you are in the San Diego Area PM me.  We can work out a deal.

Front YZ Brake.jpg

1 person likes this

Here's the guy that made I made the brake line for me. Raymond Chan, Look him up on Facebook. See the attached image, he has a race car for a profile picture.

Thanks! I'll contact him. He just needs a line measurement?

I have one that may work.  I see you are in California.  If you are in the San Diego Area PM me.  We can work out a deal.

Sent you a PM

A line measurement, and whether the connectors are straight or angled a little bit.   That's about it.