HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

WR-Josh

Tyre Sizes 09 Wr450

1 post in this topic

hi all, Bought a 09 WR450F nearly two months ago, in the process of getting it road worthy

Looking at getting some road legal knobbies that are suited mostly for offroad

Terrain i ride on

Beach

Red dirt

Hard Dirt Roads

Road

...alot of the dreaded beach so real soft boggy shit.

I plan on riding on alot of hard dirt roads, so i'm wanting to avoid the d606 front wheel.

The Pirelli Scorpion pro FIM look appealing, but will the 140/80 fit my 09 wr450?

I've done some measuring and i worry about the back tyre rubbing on the exhaust over hard bumps....

Also if it does fit, what's the wear and tear like on it? I don't want to be replacing tyres every 1000kms

My mate has the d606 130/90 & 90/90 and he loves the back tyre and highly recommends it for the riding we do

But doesn't like the front on the hard stuff, (for the beach it's great though)

What road legal tyres do you guys use that might suit me? need to be mostly offroad, but i do ride on roads a fair amount so also need to hold the grip well.

Cheers fella's will post pics of befores and afters in a few months when it's complete