FX Axle blocks

Went to adjusted my chain and found that I have two different axle blocks. Is this normal? If so what's the trick to adjust it. Left side has 9 notches and right side has 12 and they are not only different in count but different in spacing. Had to eyeball the wheel straight. What gives?

One has a lip on it to keep the axel from spinning. I use a sag scale and measure from the center of my wheel axel to the center of my swingarm axel. Dead straight everytime...

One has a lip on it to keep the axel from spinning. I use a sag scale and measure from the center of my wheel axel to the center of my swingarm axel. Dead straight everytime...

Good to know thanks. Been counting notches for years.

They are equal from the rear

Last several bikes have all been accurate

Be warned one notch can go from too loose to too tight

They are both equal from the rear. I took these shots before I replaced my sprocket.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458523157.513033.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458523175.262843.jpg

A bit more tedious than your method, but I use a set of calipers and measure from the front edge of the axle block to the swingarm just above or below the jam nut.

Potentially inaccurate.  There is no real reason to trust that the seating surface for both jam nuts is precisely equidistant from the swing arm pivot unless you measure it.

Potentially inaccurate.  There is no real reason to trust that the seating surface for both jam nuts is precisely equidistant from the swing arm pivot unless you measure it.

Potentially yes, but from my experience it's accurate.  In all the years I've done it that way I've never had issues with sprocket wear or any other issues.