Oregon Riders

I live in the Canby area. Where do you usually ride? I have just recently put my dirt tires back on, having scored and extra set of rims. I like the Oregon dunes and will be going there over the weekend of the 29th.

I am interested in finding more dirt riding and people to ride with.

Here from Tualatin Oregon, I ride in the woods mainly (trask mountain/flyin' m ranch). I'll be racing the first three rounds, starting on April 13th, in the OMRA cross country series. I'm gonna start getting into mx, though, just to mix it up. Albany, Washougal, and whatever else comes up. I dunno when the snow will melt, but if you need to ride with a group you'll have to put up with me and my buddies (we're strapping young chaps between 16 and 22)!

keep the rubber side down!

dave richey -burn 22-

David,

Are Trask and Flying M both public places to ride? Have never heard of either. What type of riding are they (trails, fire roads)? Direction would be cool.

I heard there is a place in Carver to ride, but have not been there yet.

Thanks

Originally posted by Oregon Thumper:

Are there any of you guys in the Salem/Portland/Albany area. I lost my riding partner and don't know how much his wife will let him ride anymore. Looking for someone to ride with.

I am also from Salem. I did ride trails a lot ,but now its the MX most of the time. Albany has opened for practice on Wednesday & I will go as soon as we get some sun. Also the Eugene track is fun. Let me know if you want to go & we can hook up. What kind of riding do you do?

I'm from Hillsboro area and go off-road riding whenever possible. I ride mostly Tillamook Forest/Trask and some other secret places. I also host dualsport events. Don't MX much, though enjoy it when I do.

Yes, Trask has many trails - many years worth in fact. You just need to know the right people. ;-)

I used to race the OMRA ISDE Series, but that's gone, so will be racing the OMRA Cross-country and GP Series when I can (am an every-other-weekend Dad). Can check out the OMRA races at: www.omra-online.org

-Tom

www.blackdogdualsport.com

I actually live in Keizer. We use to ride over at Wilimina on the mountain. At the moment though there is about 6-12 inches of snow up there. I am new to riding dirt, I use to ride when I was a kid on an old Honda 175XL and then went to street. I am back into dirt and picking it up fast. Wilimina has a lot of cool trails and hill climbs. I want to get into some MX though. MX is want I really want to do.

Originally posted by Oregon Thumper:

MX is want I really want to do.

Have you checked out Albany SX track for Motocross

They have a race the 24th of this month but it's the last of the winter series.

The reg. series starts Apr. 7th. It's a really nice track and close to you as well.

check it out at:

www.albanymx.com