HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Idonjuan

New-YZ426F-Owner

11 posts in this topic

and hope it cranks when you are through..mine always cranks till i want to ride it..then it fouls a plug..bout ready to quit cussin it and SELL it!.

Hey - I finally agree with EgaAhole, almost. :D

Definitely get rid of the *front* 739 if you ride anything but hardpack. I like the 756 I have now. I also prefer the 756 on the rear for soft stuff or mud but the 739 was better on hardpack.

BK mod? My 2001 didn't need it. I'm not convinced the '02 bikes need it either. Just make sure your pilot circuit (fuel screw and pilot jet) are adjusted properly.

See this post about the BK mod: click here

and this on starting and fuel screw adjustments:

click here

Otherwise just ask! :)

Steve

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: skthom2320 ]

Originally posted by txthumper:

and hope it cranks when you are through..mine always cranks till i want to ride it..then it fouls a plug..bout ready to quit cussin it and SELL it!.

Then you need to rejet it and/or check your settings...something is wrong.

txtthumper

Do a search on blue wire, this is a very cool fix for the fouling issue. I never have that problem, but then again I am to egotisticle to have problems

When in doubt !

GAS IT

I took my (new to me) YZ426F out this weekend for the first time. First time on a 2-wheeler in 14 years, so all things considered it didn't go too badly.

First, follow The Ritual when starting it. Mine fired first kick 90% of the time all day (I stopped a lot), and even fired first kick after I stalled it bogging first gear (whoooops). If you don't know the Ritual, go to the technical links under this section hehe.

As for mods and stuff I couldn't tell ya. The bike seems very linear and predictable which is great for me. Most I've done is some top-of-2nd bunny hops and had a good time all the same. :)

Thats wierd i thought i already posted this but when i came back it wasnt there... any way, i have heard that one of the most important things to do is to lube the bearings int the axles, also to lube the swingarm. I guess the guys at the dealers dont do a very good job. It might take awhile but would you rather spend a night to lube up your bike or replace the things that you should have lubed? Also do the normal stuff like keep the air filter clean, the chain clean, keep your oil fresh (duh!). One more thing, is this a new or used bike?

If your bike is brand new, and you know what your doing, take the whole damn thing apart and put it back together the way it should be. Its pathetic, how much or how little grease they use. You'll be amazed........