Anyone damaged or seized their front caliper and still have the parts?

I broke the piece that bolts to the fork. The piece that allows the caliper to float.

Unfortunately this piece is not available separately - has anyone replaced their front caliper and still have the parts - and maybe willing to part with this piece?

01_front_brake_caliper_extract.jpg

Sean, I have th ecomplete front caliper assy off an '00 YZ 426 bigalscs@hotmail.com or call

Craig @ 618-723-2577

If it is just the piston that the caliper slides on you can get on off a Honda CR 250. Both Yamahas and Hondas use Nissin brakes, it's just that Yamaha only sells the whole caliper kit whereas Honda sells the individule parts. I made on from a bolt first and ground the threads until a parts guy told me he found the piece from Honda. Any questions send me an email at jmcgeemd@hotmail.com. (I accidently came to the 426 forum instead of the 250 forum. Aren't you glad I screwed up) Later.

couch -

How much are you looking to get for that caliper?

jmcgeemd -

That is excellent info! Down from $150 to $50 now. I am still wondering if anyone will sell me a used part as I am currently unemployed and have very little cash on hand.

Z4me, the caliper lists for $181, so whats a reasonable amount for a good used one? $75.00 ?

let me know.