HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Craig A

Is this a good deal on a '05 WR450F motard

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, so I'm coming from the DRZ side of the world, to you WR-ers.

I'm asking on behalf of a friend if this is a good deal for a '05 Yammi WR450F Sumo.

The guy is asking for the equivalent of about $2500 USD for it. It has a GTYR pipe and runs well. I've actually ridden with the owner a few times before on group meets, and he's a cool guy and knows bikes well (He would have taken relatively good care of it).

The only thing is - I dont know how much WR's are worth. Especially not ones of this age.

Would the bike be reliable after 11 years of running. Or should it be expected to blow at any minute?

Thanks guys, below are some pics.

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

$_20.jpg

I would ask the state of the valves and piston.  If he cant' give you any of that information or hasn't done it.  I would stay away.

I would ask the state of the valves and piston.  If he cant' give you any of that information or hasn't done it.  I would stay away.

Okay thanks a lot. Aside from the valve shimming, is there anything else to be particularly concerned about on an 11 year old WR450F? Are they known to last that long, or is it asking for trouble? I know the DRZs can last for years, but not sure about WRs.