ODI lock on grip users...

I just installed a set of odi grips on my 02 426. Very impressed with them for the most part, I used the correct cam and all the others to try to fix my issue. The issues the throttle can is way skinnier than the factory throttle tube cam. This results in the throttle grip being able to slide about an 1/8" back and forth inside the part that clamps it to the bars. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this the norm?

Edit: back and forth play or side to side? From seated position

Edited by motosinko805

Edit: back and forth play or side to side? From seated position

From seated, side to side. Sliding on the handlebar, parallel with it

Ok. My odi grips have more play than the stock throttle tube too. Been running them for 12 hours or so with no problems.

Ok. My odi grips have more play than the stock throttle tube too. Been running them for 12 hours or so with no problems.

It doesn't bother you while riding? Seems like it would be irritating.

I don't even notice.

I don't even notice.

Alright. I actually contacted ODI about it already. They are sending me another cam that is a millimeter thicker to take up some of the slack. So hopefully that will help and then I will just ride it and see if the slack that is left bothers me.

I bought a pair but they would not fit on my protaper fuzion bars. Plastic inner on clutch side split down the middle just trying to slide it on. Had to cut it apart to get it off.

I bought a pair but they would not fit on my protaper fuzion bars. Plastic inner on clutch side split down the middle just trying to slide it on. Had to cut it apart to get it off.

did you sand down the "knurled" section of the handle bar? you have to take it down to almost smooth before they will fit on. I believe it talks about it in the instructions. 

I just installed mine last night on my Pro Taper bars. Definitely had to sand the knurling down quite a bit but they did go on ok. Throttle side fit perfectly. I gotta say so far I really like Rogue version I got!

did you sand down the "knurled" section of the handle bar? you have to take it down to almost smooth before they will fit on. I believe it talks about it in the instructions.

I did not file down the knurled end. Couldn't bring myself to file down my brand new bars for some grips I'd never used before.