Famous Reading Outdoors riding meetup thread

31 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs Enduro said:

I need to get on one of these dual sport RAC rides that someone here does regularly just can't place who. I think he does that Fridays though and well.. work messes that up.

That's me-  I've been a dual sport tour guide for a few folks on here and many others that aren't - I do those rides about once a week- I will try and do one one of these Saturdays.  The St Clair area RAC land is only about 30% of what you can legally ride - the other 70% is off the grid.   You need to take roads to get there and keep a low profile and the "locals" tend to be a little territorial.   Yesterday me GeeJay and a friend went from St Clair all the way to Shamokin and Back on a dual sport loop. 7 hour ride with few stops .  I will make it a point to do a Saturday ride and post up in advance. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs Enduro said:

Sure Pat email them to me Thanks.

Sent

NB: the entrance to the single-track is a bit hard to find, its not on the main dual-track. You have to climb a short coal-dust hill and dive into the woods....

Edited by pat22043
  • Like 1

That's me-  I've been a dual sport tour guide for a few folks on here and many others that aren't - I do those rides about once a week- I will try and do one one of these Saturdays.  The St Clair area RAC land is only about 30% of what you can legally ride - the other 70% is off the grid.   You need to take roads to get there and keep a low profile and the "locals" tend to be a little territorial.   Yesterday me GeeJay and a friend went from St Clair all the way to Shamokin and Back on a dual sport loop. 7 hour ride with few stops .  I will make it a point to do a Saturday ride and post up in advance. 

That sounds awesome. Thank you for your willingness to accommodate. The heads up would be nice too as I'm normally tied up with the kid every other weekend. .

That sounds awesome. Thank you for your willingness to accommodate. The heads up would be nice too as I'm normally tied up with the kid every other weekend. .

It was beyond an awesome ride and great guys to ride with

26 minutes ago, GeeJay said:

It was beyond an awesome ride and great guys to ride with

Until we all started to hit trees  and fall of cliffs and go swimming in puddles.  I hope the WRR is back in one piece,  MY KLX is pretty beat up bad-  bent kickstand, leaking fork etc. Frank's Shifter was damn near bent off,   Certainly wont lead "that kind" of ride with these kind freindly folks-  But it sure was fun! 

• Like 1

Until we all started to hit trees  and fall of cliffs and go swimming in puddles.  I hope the WRR is back in one piece,  MY KLX is pretty beat up bad-  bent kickstand, leaking fork etc. Frank's Shifter was damn near bent off,   Certainly wont lead "that kind" of ride with these kind freindly folks-  But it sure was fun! 

I hit trees early and break something to get it out of the way.

Yeah that sounds like a nightmare in my world. Geejay, the MRS and myself had our own shit show at Bald Eagle after making a wrong turn into a hiking trail that looked like a twister just came through IMG_1645.thumb.JPG.7c4f070ae9fe730ba9e0f2446527e512.JPG
[/quote

Hey you and jochuma3 make it sounds like the trouble follows me. I had a great time in both rides.

Looks like the Mr. has a crew meeting at Darkwater rd Rac# 2. I rode with Steve and Eric a few weeks ago.

Hey Mr. sorry to say you'll have to count me out for Saturday. My grandson made the allstars at the ripe age of 7. He's a lead off hitter. The tournament starts at 9am, and if they keep winning they'll play until Monday night. These coaches get nuts with these things. But its his first one, and pop pop is going to be there.

Maybe I'll take a day off next week and ride.
It would be great to get my drz on one of those dual sport rides.
I keep ending up on that single track.
Thanks Lou
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, pat22043 said:

Do you want the GPS tracks of Nate's secret amazing single-track? Its west of Valley Road, so kinda Darkwater extended.

Probably need to bring a machete for that secret single track, I saw the video

• Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 7:29 PM, JerseyLou62 said:

Enjoy your day, I'm on call and will not be able to make it. Should I consider this Ktm instead of tuning on my Drz?
Let me know Chris.
Thanks Lou

Lou,

You seemed to enjoy and do well at singletrack. I think you need a woods bike with a plate on it!

Betamotor_xtrainer_2017_right.jpg

• Like 1

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Famous Reading Outdoors riding meetup thread