Should i get a shift lever made out of a certain material?

I remember reading once to get a shift that will bend beforw it bends inside the transmission, should i get aluminum?

I remember reading once to get a shift that will bend beforw it bends inside the transmission, should i get aluminum?

Hum most all the stock and aftermarket are aluminum. Nothing wrong with stock.

Not often you get a steel one now, go for an aluminium or like said above just keep it standard. Aluminium also won't strip your shaft spline as easy.

I ran a steel IMS shifter on my '08 for seven years without issue. Never had to change it after 400+ hours.

The stock shifter on my '13 had to be replaced at 100ish hours as the splines stripped out. I replaced it with an aftermarket aluminum shifter...will have to wait and see how it holds up.

Might need to try a steel one if you got that out it! Always scared that of I come off its going to catch something and strip the shaft spline! The ali ones do seem to go pretty quick though, special as i'm pretty hard on the gears, something I need to improve.

Might need to try a steel one if you got that out it! Always scared that of I come off its going to catch something and strip the shaft spline! The ali ones do seem to go pretty quick though, special as i'm pretty hard on the gears, something I need to improve.

drinking some kool-aid?