Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods

Where did you buy your wheels? That's awesome, by the way.

I've been thinking of converting my '11 over to super moto when I get either a FX or the new WR and was looking at motoxindustries - they are Warp 9 wheels though. Tough to beat Excel.

Look at DNA racing. I got mine for $650. Don't mind the used tires I put on.

1458857593951.jpg

Figured I'd share my backwards motor supermoto love

1458857730654.jpg

Look at DNA racing. I got mine for $650. Don't mind the used tires I put on.

Sweet. So if you're not buying Excel, who's better, DNA or Warp 9?

DNA by a long shot. Warp nine stepped up their game in late 2014 and stopped buying cheap Chinese rims. But sometimes they still have fitment issues. Especially on new bikes or older stuff that isn't common. DNA quality is a little higher than warp nine but I know DNA that are trying to better the supermoto community. This is my third set of DNA and I've had two warp9 and one excel. The excel is by far the best of the three. But it's actually the heaviest as well

Righto so the much awaited new WR450f has arrived so show us what you got, the mods you have done, tips & tricks.

I got mine a few weeks back i plan on racing off-road with it but until the races come around I'm racing some MX on it and coming from a YZ450f its not that noticeable with the extra weight.

Mods i have done so far;

Remove the foam and kettle from the air box.

Full FMF/GYTR Ti muffler and SS header lets it breathe i didn't even bother to start it with that pee shooter on it.

Front and rear Excel wheels and hubs blue hubs and nipples black rims, I'm hard on wheels I don't even bother with stock wheels just throw them back on when i sell the bike and it looks good.

270mm GYTR/Braking front rotor its a really nice feel and the brakes are comparable to my 14 KTM450SXf

Kroozetune 30mm lowering link really smooth's out the rear end I'm still working on it tho but love it over the stocko.

GYTR high seat gives me better body position with the stock seat and the lowering link it felt really cramped.

GYTR sprockets 14/50 think I'll go a 15/50 so i can hold second longer doing MX 

Rear 112mm race sag and i cant remember clicker settings once it bedded in I'll send it off and get it tuned, its still not right now.

Obvioulsy removed all the speedo gear light etc. for doing MX.

Tip if you put a header on it you need to feed it in from the right side, have to take the guard off the starter motor so it fits then put hex head bolts back in to bolt it up as you can't get an allen key in there with the FMF header.

IMG_6254_zpsgegyuwvg.jpgIMG_6251_zpsfrqp0sdo.jpgIMG_6320_zpsu76xz6es.jpgIMG_6348_zps5lpt7qjq.jpgIMG_6347_zps2d7mtjfb.jpgIMG_6256_zpsceoxpyyt.jpg

ebeff9f3-897a-4a39-87d9-eea89911f03a_zps

What did you have to do to remove the headlight, speedo, etc. and how did you remount the on/off switch? 

On off switch stays on the right side no problem there, then just unplug all the blinkers taco/speedo etc. zip ire it all up same at the back tie the harness behind the battery took all of about an hr and she is ready to race!

Just picked up a 16' WR450f. Does anyone have any tips on wiring up a rear brake switch to the factory tail light and if it even works? Got a plate already here in MN but need the brake light working. Thank you

Just picked up a 16' WR450f. Does anyone have any tips on wiring up a rear brake switch to the factory tail light and if it even works? Got a plate already here in MN but need the brake light working. Thank you

Sure on US models the brake light wire is there. Simply get a Tusk or other hydraulic switch that screws into the rear brake. One wire goes to the tail light wire the other goes to the blanked wire on the light pig tail. I think it's yellow and black?

Sure on US models the brake light wire is there. Simply get a Tusk or other hydraulic switch that screws into the rear brake. One wire goes to the tail light wire the other goes to the blanked wire on the light pig tail. I think it's yellow and black?

Awesome! Thank you much. I have all the "free mods" done so far. I rode it stock right after I got it home and was thinking to myself WTF is this thing so slow! Then started Google searching and found this thread with the help of a friend.

Awesome! Thank you much. I have all the "free mods" done so far. I rode it stock right after I got it home and was thinking to myself WTF is this thing so slow! Then started Google searching and found this thread with the help of a friend.

Much more here as well http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1177647-tt-official-2016-wr450f-mods/

Also as you can see Chelder's bike appears to have come equipped from the factory as a street legal version as he is in Australia.

Can't wait to get my brake switch so I can rip around town on it.

Heres my plated 16 with Excel's. It has a Motomaster front brake set up  on it now.

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Edited by Super_Davee

Hi I've just ordered a 2016 wr450f new arriving in 2weeks ...

I need a bigger tank a rear rack for Morocco trip in January ...

I've done it on twice on gs adventure and the best fun was on Honda Xr400

What was I thinking buying this bike! Just had to have a new 450 ... Any help please

Hi I've just ordered a 2016 wr450f new arriving in 2weeks ...

I need a bigger tank a rear rack for Morocco trip in January ...

I've done it on twice on gs adventure and the best fun was on Honda Xr400

What was I thinking buying this bike! Just had to have a new 450 ... Any help please

Update ... Spoke to IMS today and the new 3 gallon tank is on its way ...

My local Motorsport fabricators are going to make me a rack...

We are taking a rv directly to marrakesh so it's only going to be day out in Hamada rides so looking good!

I just took delivery of my 2016 wr450f. I plan to supermoto it I ordered a set of dubya supermoto wheels. Still researching what tires I want. I did finance a portion of the bike and plan to do a year of payments and just pay off what ever is left next year.
I do have a few questions about the street legal aspect I have searched but have not found a specific answer yet.

Due to the bike having a lien on it does that have an affect if I can get the bike registered as a street legal bike?

What size rotor do most of you guys Run? A 320 with bracket or stay stock for now?

I really don't care for the baja designs kit as its completely different then my 250x I had and I really liked that set up what other options would I have to piece it together I'm not very good with electrical so the baja kit having good instructions was the only thing that was a big plus.

Here is the setup I had on my 250x

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58af4d9f6a143/IMG_1664.JPG

Bikes ready for spring. Suspension done. Powercore, graphics from scrubdesignz.com20170303_160334.jpg