HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

NLRichyJ

2007 WR450 - good buy?

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys I am looking at getting a bike for SM, found a 07 WR that has 12k kms for $3500 (Canadian). It's plated but doesn't have a SM wheel setup, but has had the top end done a couple thousand ago with apparently a better piston.

I am curious what's the typical longevity for these bikes? Anything to look for in particular?

Was going to get a '14 and swap it back and fourth to dirt but I get the feeling of rather have two separate bikes.

Hey guys I am looking at getting a bike for SM, found a 07 WR that has 12k kms for $3500 (Canadian). It's plated but doesn't have a SM wheel setup, but has had the top end done a couple thousand ago with apparently a better piston.

I am curious what's the typical longevity for these bikes? Anything to look for in particular?

Was going to get a '14 and swap it back and fourth to dirt but I get the feeling of rather have two separate bikes.

The 07-09 WR450F has a "stutter" when the ECU map switches. This is not a big deal at all off road. You don't feel it all. But on the road, you will go nuts.

I would test ride it on the road and see how the stutter is. Some bikes have it, some not so much. Its all about the TPS and how dialed in it is.

The 07-09 WR450F has a "stutter" when the ECU map switches. This is not a big deal at all off road. You don't feel it all. But on the road, you will go nuts.

I would test ride it on the road and see how the stutter is. Some bikes have it, some not so much. Its all about the TPS and how dialed in it is.

Putting in a Dynatek ignition on the torque setting removes the stutter.

The ignition studder is felt as partial throttle, and is eliminated by unplugging the TPS.

This will reduce throttle response and acceleration about 10% however.

As mentioned, a Dynatek ignition will cure it (about $300)