what handguards for my WR??????

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend the Rally Pro's for the WR426. I used them, and don't get me wrong, they have saved my hand from probable destruction :D But IMO they are a little soft. The metal isn't the strongest on the market. I wasn't to happy with the mounting hardware either. Strips very easily. Whenever I would drop my bike the guards twisted causing interference with throttle, front break lever, and clutch lever. Might be a bit better with Triple clamp mounts ?

I ended up buying Enduro Engineering this time around. These are much more durable. The metal is soo strong I wouldn't want to see the crash that could bend them. They don't twist as easily when you drop your bike and/or hit a tree. The hardware is a lot more heavy duty. All around great guards :D Oh, and I have tested them a bit too :D

Fryboy

I have the cycres probend with triple clamp mount, totally

indistructable. mounted easy. & I'm still running the stock bars, & we all know how soft these bars . I've taken some pretty serious tumbles. nothing bent. 02 wr426 I'll be buying another set for my 01 yz426, they are that good. ?

Our team uses Factory 909 Mashers. They are extremely strong. We like the Cycra Pro-Bends as well. Sidi/Motonation also makes some called the "Whacker", that are identicle to the Factory 909 Mashers. I would recommend one of these three.

Moe

Ditto on the Cycra pro-bends w/tipple clamp mounts ?. They are very well made but a little pricey.

Smoke :D

Yeah, but you and I saw how Butchie trashed his on the throttle side! :D Of course he was floating in the clouds for a day or two after that one. :D Basically, if you bend them, don't expect to not have something messed up on you or the bike.

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend the Rally Pro's for the WR426. I used them, and don't get me wrong, they have saved my hand from probable destruction :D But IMO they are a little soft. The metal isn't the strongest on the market. I wasn't to happy with the mounting hardware either. Strips very easily. Whenever I would drop my bike the guards twisted causing interference with throttle, front break lever, and clutch lever. Might be a bit better with Triple clamp mounts ?

I ended up buying Enduro Engineering this time around. These are much more durable. The metal is soo strong I wouldn't want to see the crash that could bend them. They don't twist as easily when you drop your bike and/or hit a tree. The hardware is a lot more heavy duty. All around great guards :D Oh, and I have tested them a bit too :D

Fryboy

Enduro Engineering :D Way better than the Acerbis

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend the Rally Pro's for the WR426. I used them, and don't get me wrong, they have saved my hand from probable destruction :D But IMO they are a little soft. The metal isn't the strongest on the market. I wasn't to happy with the mounting hardware either. Strips very easily. Whenever I would drop my bike the guards twisted causing interference with throttle, front break lever, and clutch lever. Might be a bit better with Triple clamp mounts :D

I ended up buying Enduro Engineering this time around. These are much more durable. The metal is soo strong I wouldn't want to see the crash that could bend them. They don't twist as easily when you drop your bike and/or hit a tree. The hardware is a lot more heavy duty. All around great guards ? Oh, and I have tested them a bit too :D

Fryboy

fryboy: do you have a link for enduro eng.? I just broke my 2nd set of acerbis rally pro's and am looking for something different/more durable.

cheers

The whackers and the Tusk Dflex are pretty much identical, except for the price. Check out RockyMountainMC.com the tusk are about $50, and adapters for fat bars are like $15 more. I have tried pretty hard, and can't seem to damage these guards. I have only got it to slip once, and RIDE can tell you about that one...

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I definitely need handguards (or should I say "brake/clutch lever guards :naughty: ) for my WR 400 2002.

I come from Europe, and as I see we have totally other brands to choose from. Well, almost ... Enduro Engineering, Tusk, ... I've heard for none of these - till now, after reading this thread :naughty:

Almost a year ago I ordered handguards from Zupin, the manufacturer is Polisport - I'm quite sure in the US nobody ever heard about :D And ... well ... they don't fit. They are in nice yamaha blue color ... but don't fit on my WR. :D The front brake hydraulics makes it impossible to mount on the handlebar :D

I'm looking for an alternative ... the brake lever breaks too easily ... :D

I've checked the

Enduro Engineering guards - looks nice, but there are a lot of items to choose from ... and I have no idea what would really fit on my WR 400. The next bad thing is that - if they do ship to Europe - the price will be at least twice as much as in US ? (postage, taxes etc.)