Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wrjay

what handguards for my WR??????

27 posts in this topic

i am looking at ordering some acerbis rally2 handguards for my 02 wr,and am wondering how they fit,or if anybody has any suggestions to better products.

:)

Ive read several posts about the acerbis hand guards and most said they dont fit or you have to modify them. Check out the wacker brand guards. You can get them from rocky mountain. They fit good and require no modifying. :)

I put the Rally Pro handguards on mine and they went on no problem. Most of the guys I ride with use the Rally Pro guards as well. Rally 2's don't have the aluminum bar and aren't as durable I'm told (never tried them personally)

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend the Rally Pro's for the WR426. I used them, and don't get me wrong, they have saved my hand from probable destruction :D But IMO they are a little soft. The metal isn't the strongest on the market. I wasn't to happy with the mounting hardware either. Strips very easily. Whenever I would drop my bike the guards twisted causing interference with throttle, front break lever, and clutch lever. Might be a bit better with Triple clamp mounts :)

I ended up buying Enduro Engineering this time around. These are much more durable. The metal is soo strong I wouldn't want to see the crash that could bend them. They don't twist as easily when you drop your bike and/or hit a tree. The hardware is a lot more heavy duty. All around great guards :D Oh, and I have tested them a bit too :D

Fryboy

I have the cycres probend with triple clamp mount, totally

indistructable. mounted easy. & I'm still running the stock bars, & we all know how soft these bars . I've taken some pretty serious tumbles. nothing bent. 02 wr426 I'll be buying another set for my 01 yz426, they are that good. :)

Ditto on the Cycra pro-bends w/tipple clamp mounts :D. They are very well made but alittle pricey.

Smoke :)

I used the Tusk D-Flex on my originals and upgraded them to the Pro-Taper mounts when I bent the sh!& out of my stock bars ... they work well and cost effective.

Our team uses Factory 909 Mashers. They are extremely strong. We like the Cycra Pro-Bends as well. Sidi/Motonation also makes some called the "Whacker", that are identicle to the Factory 909 Mashers. I would recommend one of these three.

Moe

Ditto on the Cycra pro-bends w/tipple clamp mounts :). They are very well made but a little pricey.

Smoke :D

Yeah, but you and I saw how Butchie trashed his on the throttle side! :D Of course he was floating in the clouds for a day or two after that one. :D Basically, if you bend them, don't expect to not have something messed up on you or the bike.

I used the Tusk D-Flex on my originals and upgraded them to the Pro-Taper mounts when I bent the sh!& out of my stock bars ... they work well and cost effective.

I second the opinion for the Tusk Guards. Much better than the Acerebis guards

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend the Rally Pro's for the WR426. I used them, and don't get me wrong, they have saved my hand from probable destruction :D But IMO they are a little soft. The metal isn't the strongest on the market. I wasn't to happy with the mounting hardware either. Strips very easily. Whenever I would drop my bike the guards twisted causing interference with throttle, front break lever, and clutch lever. Might be a bit better with Triple clamp mounts :)

I ended up buying Enduro Engineering this time around. These are much more durable. The metal is soo strong I wouldn't want to see the crash that could bend them. They don't twist as easily when you drop your bike and/or hit a tree. The hardware is a lot more heavy duty. All around great guards :D Oh, and I have tested them a bit too :D

Fryboy

Enduro Engineering :D Way better than the Acerbis

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend the Rally Pro's for the WR426. I used them, and don't get me wrong, they have saved my hand from probable destruction :D But IMO they are a little soft. The metal isn't the strongest on the market. I wasn't to happy with the mounting hardware either. Strips very easily. Whenever I would drop my bike the guards twisted causing interference with throttle, front break lever, and clutch lever. Might be a bit better with Triple clamp mounts :D

I ended up buying Enduro Engineering this time around. These are much more durable. The metal is soo strong I wouldn't want to see the crash that could bend them. They don't twist as easily when you drop your bike and/or hit a tree. The hardware is a lot more heavy duty. All around great guards :) Oh, and I have tested them a bit too :D

Fryboy

fryboy: do you have a link for enduro eng.? I just broke my 2nd set of acerbis rally pro's and am looking for something different/more durable.

cheers

I've been using the Wacker guards for 2 years now, and they have really held up well after repeated crashes. It's cool also to be able to replace the plastics on them. I got mine from Motonation.

The whackers and the Tusk Dflex are pretty much identical, except for the price. Check out RockyMountainMC.com the tusk are about $50, and adapters for fat bars are like $15 more. I have tried pretty hard, and can't seem to damage these guards. I have only got it to slip once, and RIDE can tell you about that one...

Hi there,

I definitely need handguards (or should I say "brake/clutch lever guards :naughty: ) for my WR 400 2002.

I come from Europe, and as I see we have totally other brands to choose from. Well, almost ... Enduro Engineering , Tusk , ... I've heard for none of these - till now, after reading this thread :naughty:

Almost a year ago I ordered handguards from Zupin, the manufacturer is Polisport - I'm quite sure in the US nobody ever heard about :D And ... well ... they don't fit. They are in nice yamaha blue color ... but don't fit on my WR. :D The front brake hydraulics makes it impossible to mount on the handlebar :D

I'm looking for an alternative ... the brake lever breaks too easily ... :D

I've checked the

Enduro Engineering guards - looks nice, but there are a lot of items to choose from ... and I have no idea what would really fit on my WR 400. The next bad thing is that - if they do ship to Europe - the price will be at least twice as much as in US :cry: (postage, taxes etc.)

Cycra Pro Bend guards are TOUGH, if you hit something hard enough to hurt them or the levers behind them, you have way more to worry about than broken levers :naughty:

They're not cheap, but the best seldom is.

I like the Tusk D-Flex. They are inexpensive, strong and compact. They provide enough room for the levers and your fingers and don't stick out very far. I also like the optional larger plastic shields for cold weather.