01 wr426 intermittent spark issues

My bike has baja dual sport street kit. The AA batteries that are part of the kit have been removed. My bike has had no issues until the other day. It was running great and then it died. It had No spark so I thought it fouled the plug. I replaced spark plug the following morning and it ran good until it warmed up and died again. I pulled the plug thinking it was bad for a second time. I checked it and there was No spark. While doing some research on the internet the bike cooled. I checked spark and I got shocked. Put it back together and it ran fine. I have not let it get hot so I don't know if it will die again.

My question is does this scenario sound common? Also is there a way to check CDI, stator, and coil? Any ideas are welcome and appreciated....

Thanks in advance!!

Hec

Anyone???

Sounds like your windings are going bad in the stator. Resistance gets greater as they warm up on anything wound if it's going out. That's just from a mechanical experience. You'd need a manual to verify, two tests one cold one hot and see what the difference is.

My bike has baja dual sport street kit. The AA batteries that are part of the kit have been removed. My bike has had no issues until the other day. It was running great and then it died. It had No spark so I thought it fouled the plug. I replaced spark plug the following morning and it ran good until it warmed up and died again. I pulled the plug thinking it was bad for a second time. I checked it and there was No spark. While doing some research on the internet the bike cooled. I checked spark and I got shocked. Put it back together and it ran fine. I have not let it get hot so I don't know if it will die again.

My question is does this scenario sound common? Also is there a way to check CDI, stator, and coil? Any ideas are welcome and appreciated....

Thanks in advance!!

Hec

download the service manual and do a stator test as listed

You undoubtedly have a failing stator, which happens on older motors.

Thanks Men!!!! Much love, appreciate the help!!!

Gentleman,,,, is there a way to fix a bad stator? Who would do that work?? Ideas???