Good all around gearing?

I've got a 07 wr450 that I'm going to plate and was wondering what gear ratios are good for riding 55-60mph on road but still capable of getting down off road

13-51 for me. Comfortable at 60 mph, great in slow stuff.

13-51

Nothing wrong with stock 13-50 or anything else you have in mind. A little more street-able and more of a fire road machine 13-48 for better top end. More dirt-able 13-51 or whatever. It depends on what your calling off road but just leave it stock and see what you need as you hit the road.

My '03 450 was 15/47 when I bought it, and geared way too tall for my taste.  

I dropped the front to 14, and it still hit 70 yesterday by GPS.  I'm gonna go 3-4 larger on the back, it still idles at around 8 mph in first gear. 

I'm at 13-50 now and its about right. I had a 52 on but it fell flat quick, a beast up the hills though. I've ordered a 14 just to see how it does. Worst case swap a front depending on what the days ride is looking like.

I'm on 14-48 and like it, but have a 13 and a 15 on the way. At times I feel like the acceleration could be better for a 450 (but then I remember that I not twisting the throttle all the way). Practicing wheelies, so I think 13 would be better. 

Edited by Bitteeinbit

I run two wheel sets.  One for street/dual sport and one for trails.  I keep a 14T front all the time, and the back sprocket switches when I change wheels from 50T (trails) to 47T (street/light dual sport), and I am able to use the same stock chain length.  For the tightest of single track trails, I just don't ride the WR...I'll ride my 2T which is 220lbs w/ gas. 

Edited by AtomicGeo

My '03 450 was 15/47 when I bought it, and geared way too tall for my taste.  

I dropped the front to 14, and it still hit 70 yesterday by GPS.  I'm gonna go 3-4 larger on the back, it still idles at around 8 mph in first gear. 

With the 14/47 on the bike, I rode it last weekend.  Like I said, it still moves along quickly at an idle and hit 70mph at one point, but I opened it up a couple of times in second and third gear on a gravel road and I was very happy with the acceleration.  I'm still going up 3 or 4 more on the back, but I still want to be able to hit 65-70 mph in case I need to jump on the road to get home.

Edited by ftl900