Picked up a 14' 450 today!

Nice grab on a "new" bike!

For oversize front rotor, I've been pleased with the Tusk from RMATV I put on my 11. I no longer feel the front brake is weak. In fact I've entered many a corner at various lean angles, hard on the brakes with the rear wheel off the ground and still felt in control. That's with OEM pads too.

Other than suspension, I'd just ride the bike. Get used to and adapt to the differences from your RMZ, then ride some more.

Edited by WouldsAssassin

Nice grab on a "new" bike!

For oversize front rotor, I've been pleased with the Tusk from RMATV I put on my 11. I no longer feel the front brake is weak. In fact I've entered many a corner at various lean angles, hard on the brakes with the rear wheel off the ground and still felt in control. That's with OEM pads too.

Other than suspension, I'd just ride the bike. Get used to and adapt to the differences from your RMZ, then ride some more.

Thanks! I actually felt really comfortable on it right away. Suspension is getting revalved and springs next week. O/S rotor is definitely getting put on soon. Thanks for the input!

Yamaha has never had stellar front brakes. I bought a 14' YZ450 brand new off the showroom floor last summer and its front brakes are pretty week.

Yamaha did address this on the 16 with a bigger rotor and better brake pads. Edited by RMK800