HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

speedfreek4444

Oil pressure line bolt stripped. Need Suggestions PIC

4 posts in this topic

So I was taking a customers yz426f apart and when taking this oil pressure line bolt out it pulled the threads with it. I don't even know how it was holding in there. When I put it back together I want to atleast try something to make it hold like a longer bolt. I do not want to heli-coil. This would be a last resort. If anyone knows of a longer bolt part number or specific bike to get or has any suggestions of something that will work please let me know, thanks

20160216_135751.jpg

Edited by speedfreek4444

If you want it to be actually fixed, you need to Heli-Coil or Time-Sert it, simple as that.  Otherwise, you'll be passing off a half-assed coverup of your disassembly "error" onto the customer. 

1 person likes this

I already told the customer what happened and am not trying to half ass do anything. If I can find a longer bolt that will work theres nothing wrong with it. Or if anyone has a better suggestion than yours it will be much appreciated.

If I can find a longer bolt that will work theres nothing wrong with it. 

Actually, there is: there won't be as much thread contact as there should be, and the threads will fail again.