Racinkc1

2007 Push Rod & Oil Capacity Questions.

4 posts in this topic

It looks like the wider push rod on the clutch side comes in 4 parts Numbers 14 15 16 17. Does it assemble easily with the clip or something? Also the oil capacity in the manual calls for 1 L w/ a filter change or 1.03 quarts, right? I put a full quart in and its not even on the stick yet? Am I missing something? Thanks for any help.

clutch.gif

If you have a dip stick fill it tell it's in the safe zone or at least a quater inch on the stick.

Edited by wheredgo84

I put a full quart in and its not even on the stick yet? Am I missing something? 

Did you start it after you filled it, before you checked the oil level?  If not, then yes, you're missing something. 

You fill the oil by pouring it into the crankcase, but that's not where the dip stick is. It's in the "oil tank", a separated reservoir where the oil is kept during operation.  Fill it, start it and run it for 30-60 seconds and shut it off.  Wait 10 seconds or so and pull the stick, wipe it re-insert it to the threads and read it.

Read this: http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/756844-oil-change-procedure-for-06-09-model-yz450s/

As far as the push rod assembly, yes, it's quite simple. 

1 person likes this

Did you start it after you filled it, before you checked the oil level?  If not, then yes, you're missing something. 

You fill the oil by pouring it into the crankcase, but that's not where the dip stick is. It's in the "oil tank", a separated reservoir where the oil is kept during operation.  Fill it, start it and run it for 30-60 seconds and shut it off.  Wait 10 seconds or so and pull the stick, wipe it re-insert it to the threads and read it.

Read this: http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/756844-oil-change-procedure-for-06-09-model-yz450s/

As far as the push rod assembly, yes, it's quite simple. 

Thanks for the help, cant wait to ride!