bikebuilder42

Crankcase dowels help! ASAP!

9 posts in this topic

What's up guys,

I went to bring my crankcases together and the one dowel on the left of the crank is not lining up with its hole however everything else does, what could be the problem??

Why did you split your cases in the first place?

Did you have a gear problem?

If everything else is ok case might be crack.

Or dowel is jammed wrong

What's up guys,

I went to bring my crankcases together and the one dowel on the left of the crank is not lining up with its hole however everything else does, what could be the problem??

You don't have the dowel where it belongs. 

I bought the YZ off craigslist & the motor was blown up, I end up getting a new set of cases for it as well as a new crank, piston and cylinder

Everything lines up except the bottom dowel all the way to the left

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1455324669.674148.jpg

Grey is right, one of those dowels does not belong where it is. Without knowing what year this is I can only provide general information. There is only a total of two dowels that align the center cases. They are supposed to be on near opposite sides of the case, not adjacent to each other as in the picture. Also both dowels are supposed to be the same size. You have two dowels of different sizes pictured. Good luck! 

The one in the red circle does not belong there.  The arrow points to the return oil passage, which is supposed to have a dowel in it and an O-ring over the dowel, seated in the recess. 

case.jpg

IMG_1490.JPG

Hey guys ended up removing the dowel and installing it to its correct place, everything lined up perfect thanks

Shout out to Grayracer513 & drtrcr400!!!!!! couldnt have done it without you guys