rear yz fender for 06wr

I know you can run a yz rear fender on a wr but I'm a bit confused of which year to get. When I search Acerbis wr 05 and 06 are the same part# but yz differ. Does anyone know what the difference is? I think I saw somewhere once, maybe here, that you should go with a year earlier yz fender than the wr you have. Can someone help clear this up for me so I can get this sucker ordered and on the bike? ? Thanks

btw, I'm looking at Acerbis as opposed to UFO cuz of the reviews I've seen the concensus is that UFO needs a bit of adjusting and Acerbis doesn't. Any personal experience with install on either would be helpful.

Edited by DESERTJUL

If memory serves you want a 2005 yz450f rear fender if buying OEM .

But I am almost certain all after market rear fenders for 05 and 06 WR's are exactly

the same as 05 YZ450f you will just have to trim a bit for the coolant recovery tank but no big deal .

Only OEM will come with the bucket for the stock tail light .

Will check and see what we bought for these ........05 and 06 .

20160206_104938_zpsdhd548dx.jpg

If memory serves you want a 2005 yz450f rear fender if buying OEM .

But I am almost certain all after market rear fenders for 05 and 06 WR's are exactly

the same as 05 YZ450f you will just have to trim a bit for the coolant recovery tank but no big deal .

Thanks. I just got confused when Acerbis shows a difference in the years of YZ but no differencce in the WR's. Hey, is this Todd?

Edited by DESERTJUL

Btw, this is why I don't want stock. I don't want the bucket so I have a better place to mount the under fender with light and plate mount.

So for those that wanna know... I can't vouch for every year WR, but I had someone overlap 3D parts diagrams and sure enough the 05YZ appears to be a better line up to the 06WR. Fender ordered. SeatConcepts ordered. DS kit already in the garage. Soon I won't need to load up and I'll be able to pop in somewhere for lunch or gas while out riding.  ?  In the meantime, no plate needed for some great single track this weekend. Ride on y'all  :ride:

• Like 1

So for those that wanna know... I can't vouch for every year WR, but I had someone overlap 3D parts diagrams and sure enough the 05YZ appears to be a better line up to the 06WR. Fender ordered. SeatConcepts ordered. DS kit already in the garage. Soon I won't need to load up and I'll be able to pop in somewhere for lunch or gas while out riding.  ?  In the meantime, no plate needed for some great single track this weekend. Ride on y'all  :ride:

Seat Concepts is always $$ well spent .

Super Jelly of the soon to be plated WR btw .

Edited by still2smokin
  • Like 1

I ordered a 05 yz250f fender. Went right on. You have to cut out the holes for the radiator overflow bottle but it has the shape already there. I attached a tusk ds kit and it's worked well

I have all the parts, got a good ride in yesterday before tear down. Ready to start the install this week after work, along with a good once over while I have stuff off and out of the way which means it may not be ready for next weekend, but that's why you have multiple bikes right  :ride:  Did you run your headlight wires through Tusks switch? I plan on wiring the high beam and using their switch. And, yes, I realize it will still be powered as oem not with the Tusk wiring, just using their switch for control. Also, did you add a key or hidden power kill? If so, what switch did you buy?

I didn't bother with a high beam. My bike never needed an inspection. I wired in a key just a cheap one from eBay buts it's held up well. At first I had it on up by the bars but I moved it down onto the triple clamps so I wouldn't hit my face on it. The key just interrupts the push button and feeds power into the tusk kit.

I didn't bother with a high beam. My bike never needed an inspection. I wired in a key just a cheap one from eBay buts it's held up well. At first I had it on up by the bars but I moved it down onto the triple clamps so I wouldn't hit my face on it. The key just interrupts the push button and feeds power into the tusk kit.

I'll probably just hide an extra button so when I stop somewhere for lunch it isn't easy to just fire up and ride away. I want high beam for the slab home after a long day of riding or if I happen to not be in someones dust on the trail after dark. Eventually I'll put some better lighting on it but for now may as well use what it has.

Edited by DESERTJUL

That's why my headlight isn't currently connected.. It has the BD light switch that also kills the bike, the OEM Yamaha push button, and a keyed ignition.  All 3 have to be on to start the bike, so I need to dig into the wiring and take 2 of those out of the loop.  

I'm thinking I'll remove the Yamaha button and leave the BD switch as a light switch only so I only have the key to mess with.