HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

mxracer384

2013 yz450f WER steering damper

8 posts in this topic

So I bought a wer steering damper because I had one on my last yz250 2 stroke and it was AMAZING! It does exactly what I want and it was a great deal. I had excellent support from the owner too. Well today I called and he said he doesn't make a kit for the new yz450f and yz250f and didn't seem the least bit interested. Has anyone done this? I really want this but he is right there is not much room in there. Is there any other mounts?

The only part that needs to bolt to the frame is the anchor point for the link, right? Doesn't seem so hard, but I haven't looked a what hard points you have to work with.

Scotts also makes lower triple clamp/fender mounts for their dampers.  Not much that matches up to a Scotts. 

The only part that needs to bolt to the frame is the anchor point for the link, right? Doesn't seem so hard, but I haven't looked a what hard points you have to work with.

Scotts also makes lower triple clamp/fender mounts for their dampers. Not much that matches up to a Scotts.

Yeah, the post clamps around the testing stem, below the upper triple clamp.

Only issue I ran into is the bolt that holds the front # plate on doesn't fit any more. Need to find a bolt without the built in flange on it.

1454408009219.jpg

1454408095299.jpg

Yeah the WER just needs a anchor point behind the front number plate but there is alot going on back there with the ecu. and the frame is extremely thick behind there so it doesnt leave much room when the handle bars are maxed out in each direction. looks like i might be selling this or seeing if it fits my wife's crf150R ha ha ha.

Only issue I ran into is the bolt that holds the front # plate on doesn't fit any more. Need to find a bolt without the built in flange on it.

I was able to get my bolt in there, if you stand it in the hole at just the right angle and start turning it will just barely catch a thread and work its way in.

You might be able to take it to the bench grinder and take 1mm off and I bet it fits

Scotts also makes lower triple clamp/fender mounts for their dampers.  Not much that matches up to a Scotts. 

No more fender mounts as so many of the new bikes have funky fenders that interfere-

Thanks-

Eric