HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sheriff245

2014-2016 hour meter location

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Just got my new 2016 450. I was just looking for some ideas on where to install my hour meter. I don't plan on using a bracket, just the usual double sided tape.

I usually place them on the frame by the steering stem but it seems like the forks would hit the meter before the stoppers.

Any suggestions or pictures?

Thanks all.

The bike has a built on hour meter in the tuner...

I know, but I want to be able to read the hours without plugging something in every time.

Holy crap that's a good point I never realized mine hit.

Well I only wish I could whip so hard that I can smash my hour meter, hahaha maybe someday.

1454276442837.jpg

1454276456656.jpg

Front of the headtube.

This seems to be my best bet so far. Would be better if I didn't have to take off the number plate after every ride though.

I don't take mine off.  Just turn the bars and pull the number plate forwards a half inch and you can read it.

1 person likes this

Holy crap that's a good point I never realized mine hit.

Well I only wish I could whip so hard that I can smash my hour meter, hahaha maybe someday.

That's where I had mine and smashed the screen within 5 mins of riding

I have mine on my 250F in the same place. If you put it far enough back it won't hit.

2 people like this

I have mine on my 250F in the same place. If you put it far enough back it won't hit.

Perfect. I'll wait until I get my Cycra plastics to make sure it doesn't hit anywhere.

Thanks all.

There is an allen bolt on the right side of the head tube. Buy an hour meter bracket and mount it there. Perfect location

1 person likes this