Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Poway Rider

New Tank & Graphics

11 posts in this topic

I can't help you at all, but could you post pics when you get it installed? And let me know how the install went?

Jerry

What does the new Acerbis tank look like? I was going to order one from Acerbis but I want to see what it looks like first. I emailed them and they said there are no photos available for this tank. Is it similar to the GYT-R tank? I had heard rumors that the GYT-R was built by Acerbis. Pics P L E A S E!!! :)

I had been looking for pics too, and Greg (bajabunk) was kind enough to email me a couple pics of his Acerbis 3.3g a little while back. Hope he doesn't mind if I share them with the group:

Acerbis 3.3 - Left Side

Acerbis 3.3 - Right Side

Thanks to Greg for being so kind as to shoot the pics and send them to me a couple weeks ago. That's one TALL tank!

I too am interested in the Acerbis /GYT-R tank but I would like to know: Does it use YZ or WR shrouds and seat? After having the old WR400 with the 3.2 gallon tank I am always real nervous on real long dualsport rides. I miss the large tank. :)

Jim

The Acerbis is the GYT-R. The Zip-Ty is the IMS. They all use YZF rad shrouds including the Clarke. This gives a better choice of graphics and colored plastics for the shrouds! :)

I can only comment on the Clarke tank, but it has two bolt positions, one for YZF seat, and another for the WRF seat. I think the others also offer the dual bolt hole option, but I couldn't say for sure.

Clarke 2.8 with WRF seat. It's about 1" short of where the YZF seat comes up to, but it isn't worth getting a YZF seat to me.

f97a36d1.jpg

Here's a link to the earlier thread here on ThumperTalk. Jim, you can probably get the most definitive answer to your question about the seat by calling Acerbis direct. 800.659.1440