HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
racemile

756 rear to M12 Rear...............

8 posts in this topic

I have an M12 rear on, and out of all the rear tires I've tried, I like it the best. I've heard good things about the Dunlop 755 rear, but haven't tried one and heard they are fazing that model out. :)

I went from the stock rear (was it a 739?) to an M-12, then to an S-12. The M-12 was an improvement over the stock tire for about 60 miles, then it was TOAST! Then I switched to the S-12 and couldn't be happier. It just lasts and lasts. I couldn't recommend the M-12.

I ride mostly woods, but have also run some ride open GP race stuff with the new tire. In fact, I put it on just before the 24 hour race at Goldendale, rode it 90+ miles there, and it showed zero wear after the race. I now have probably 10 rides on it, and it's maybe 25-40% done.

I have also used both the M12 & S12's. I had 3 or 4 half used M12's that I used a few times(sold @ local race) and then switched back to the S12's. S12's hook up WAY BETTER & LAST LONGER!! Even in hard to medium terrain I would use the S12's!!

Moe

I used the M-12, and it worked OK for the first ride and then it was junk. It wouldn't hold a line in the loose gravel. I had good luck with the 739's or even the maxxis IT.

All I run is M-12's front and rear. However, I live in Nevada, which bascially means, sand, rock and DG(kitty litter soil). The M-12's have a natural cupping pattern which is GREAT in sand.

I have tried the S-12 many times in the past. I have flatted EVERY time I have ridden one (front or rear). I also always run Bridgstone Ultra heavy duty tubes. The sidewall on the S-12's are too thin for Nevada rocks, at least that is my experience.

Please keep in mind, where I ride is VERY different than most parts of the country.

I agree Strick. Just removed the old M-12 after 1000 miles of hard desert riding in Fallon. Never had any problems with the tire. 756 does not have the life of a M-12 for my riding. :)

I agree with Strick, the michelin sidewalls don't handle rocks well at all. the s-12 had great traction but a huge cut sidewall doesn't grip worth S$%t. I have been running the Kenda Millville the last two years and I am very happy with the traction and duarability. I ride tight woods,roots :thumbsup:and alot of rocks. WR Dave.