2016 WR450 Ride Report & Opinions

Still nobody can provide a comparison between last gen and new gen?! I'm starting a new thread..

Seems nobody on this forum has ridden both....in a meaningful manor anyway.

Was starting to jones for a 2016 but realized I'm perfectly happy with my low hour 2012....for now. Plus I'm really not too keen on the IMS tank for the 2016. Hopefully someone makes something better....soon.

Regarding gas tank. I was looking at different options and came up with easy solution for now.

Most of my rides are within my stock tank range. I would rather not install some ugly aftermarket tank for very occasional use.

In case I need the extended range, I will have 3 gallons with me by simply throwing this in my Kriega pack:

https://giantloopmoto.com/product/gas-bag-fuel-safe-bladder/

One gallon, dump it in the gas tank when you burn through enough fuel. Easy.

Edited by Motodisiac

Regarding gas tank. I was looking at different options and came up with easy solution for now.

Most of my rides are within my stock tank range. I would rather not install some ugly aftermarket tank for very occasional use.

In case I need the extended range, I will have 3 gallons with me by simply throwing this in my Kriega pack:

https://giantloopmoto.com/product/gas-bag-fuel-safe-bladder/

One gallon, dump it in the gas tank when you burn through enough fuel. Easy.

That's cool, good find. I was looking at the bottles, but this is a more practical. Most of the time just a half gallon would be all I would need, but having the ability to add more is nice.

I'm not sure how those bladders would hold up in a all falls down. I once did a superman and landed on my backpack exploding the camel back bladder.

Another option that I recently went with is aluminum MSR bottles from REI or off the internet. They hold about a quart of gas. I put two in my back pack.

I think the Giant Loop container will hold up just fine. The bladder is surrounded by Cordura like webbing unlike our Camelbacks. Of course I would minimize time I would have this thing in my backpack.

I have tried using aluminum fuel containers but there are issues. First of all it's small. Number two and more crucial to me is they are hard. If you land on your back hard enough to burst Camelback, can you imagine the damage that aluminum container can do? I want my back in one piece.