WR vs EXC

When I plated my wr450s to make it DOT compliant... Granted I only buy high quality parts.. Headlight and dimmer was 500. Tires are another 200, DUALSPORT kit from bajadesigns is about 3-500. Really might as well buy the package already complete. And that's assuming you can get a wr plated that was an additional 1000 bucks

Edited by Dualsportwr450

Wow 

When I plated my wr450s to make it DOT compliant... Granted I only buy high quality parts.. Headlight and dimmer was 500. Tires are another 200, DUALSPORT kit from bajadesigns is about 3-500. Really might as well buy the package already complete. And that's assuming you can get a wr plated that was an additional 1000 bucks

• Like 2

I had a 08 and 12 wr. 14/47 gearing........ I like the 500 of course awesome SMOOTH power, the sixth gear was huge to act like a overdrive gear. The weight differences is night and day. I set my bikes up kinda like rally bikes. I have Gps and scroll chart holder and ptt for radios so I add a lot of equipment. The husky feels like a 2 stroke 250 weight wise. The wr is heavy and bulky with a 3.3 desert tank. The husky with a desert tank did not change the feel at all. With the husky I have it geared at 14/50 and I'm not rapidly changing gears.. With the torque of the 500 it has the power to pretty much pull in 3rd. If you know what I mean and on the wr I would be switching gears doing single track in the desert. Also the brakes are AWESOME!!!! The first thing I noticed was the weight. I don't really ride tight woodsy stuff so I can't comment on that but as for a desert bike hands down its awesome! Before with my buddies I couldn't keep up on the wr kept trying to click a gear that wasn't there. Now I'm on there ass with 2 gears left. I ride jawbone and dove springs area and even did the la to Vegas ride on my wr450 and I can tell already that the husky is gonna out perform for long distance. Don't get me wrong though the wr is not a slouch they are nice too.

Equipped with

Seat concepts

Rekluse

Flexx bars

Pivot pegs

Scotts dampener with Brp mount

Shorai battery

Slavens linkage plate

P3 carbon fiber

FMF full titanium rct exhaust

Jd jetting power commander

Baja designs xl pro headlight

Garmin Montana 680t

Billet innovations scroll chart and bracket

Flexx hand guards

Ims desert tank

I swear if you can bolt it on I have it I spared no expense. The biggest bike build I've ever done. All that's left is suspension and that's going to dicks suspension