De restricting 2016 WR450

I used short 8mm screw (matched to YZ screw) Then when I received proper ECU the screw looked way longer. I decided to stick with OEM procedure and it turned out to be major waste of time. You are OK to use short one.

I can also give advice about removing stock screw. Unless you have security torx small enough to get there, you will have to struggle. I spent some time wrestling with various plyers and none worked for me. Then I took a chisel with small hammer and gave the bolt light tap around 2 o'clock going counterclockwise. Bingo!

I used short 8mm screw (matched to YZ screw) Then when I received proper ECU the screw looked way longer. I decided to stick with OEM procedure and it turned out to be major waste of time. You are OK to use short one.

I can also give advice about removing stock screw. Unless you have security torx small enough to get there, you will have to struggle. I spent some time wrestling with various plyers and none worked for me. Then I took a chisel with small hammer and gave the bolt light tap around 2 o'clock going counterclockwise. Bingo!

Yeah anyone doing it should go to the Home Depot and get the security torx bits. I used a short torx bit meant to go into a driver. Instead of using the driver as there is no room I used a 8mm wrench to turn the torx bit and out the throttle stop came.

Yeah anyone doing it should go to the Home Depot and get the security torx bits. I used a short torx bit meant to go into a driver. Instead of using the driver as there is no room I used a 8mm wrench to turn the torx bit and out the throttle stop came.

Cool, thanks for the tip.

That's why I did.  Grabbed a T-25 security bit, held it on with my finger and used an open ended wrench to turn it...pretty simple.