HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevethe

Good news 2016 WR450

15 posts in this topic

Fantastic, it's about time. My GYTR Comp ECU came in the other day and was hoping the bike would soon follow. Thanks for posting and enjoy your new ride.

Edited by macsplacexployer
1 person likes this

Are you gonna sumo it or keep it set up for dirt? Any rides on it yet? Went and looked at the new YZFs yesterday, no FXs or new WRs in stock but man those new bikes are nice.

1 person likes this

Are you gonna sumo it or keep it set up for dirt? Any rides on it yet? Went and looked at the new YZFs yesterday, no FXs or new WRs in stock but man those new bikes are nice.

It's going to be a dirt bike to take the place of my 07. No rides on it yet.

Well ?

Your 500 page ride report and overall impression is late, young man.  5 days detention.

Ha. Yup nothing yet other than its set up stock super tall prior to breaking in the suspension. My 220 lbs. buddy sat on it and said it was sprung perfect for him.

It has the throttle stop and the stock ECU so it's completely useless as a dirt bike for my proposes.

I did go riding today and everyone was laughing where's the new bike. I think they were looking for a scratch and dent party in its stock form.

So the competition ECU and tuner should be here Wednesday. I have a full ti. pro circuit pipe going on this week and I will loosen the rear spring and adjust the clickers loose until it breaks in.

Hopefull break in in Texas cyn on Saturday.

2 people like this

They are awesome bikes wish I could actually fit on it.

It's a tall bike in stock form.

It's going to be a dirt bike to take the place of my 07. No rides on it yet.

Ha. Yup nothing yet other than its set up stock super tall prior to breaking in the suspension. My 220 lbs. buddy sat on it and said it was sprung perfect for him.

It has the throttle stop and the stock ECU so it's completely useless as a dirt bike for my proposes.

I did go riding today and everyone was laughing where's the new bike. I think they were looking for a scratch and dent party in its stock form.

So the competition ECU and tuner should be here Wednesday. I have a full ti. pro circuit pipe going on this week and I will loosen the rear spring and adjust the clickers loose until it breaks in.

Hopefull break in in Texas cyn on Saturday.

I'm in a similar boat with the new BETA.

1.2 miles on it so far...

The stock seat is so low I can't bend my bad knee enough to reach the pegs; my 'home made' seat won't be ready till I find the time...

1 person likes this

I'm in a similar boat with the new BETA.

1.2 miles on it so far...

The stock seat is so low I can't bend my bad knee enough to reach the pegs; my 'home made' seat won't be ready till I find the time...

The new WR would be suited for you as it has some room. My buddy that said its perfect is 6'4" he's tall like you.

The new WR would be suited for you as it has some room. My buddy that said its perfect is 6'4" he's tall like you.

The FX feels at least an inch taller then my 07 WR. I would imagine that is the same for the new WR. I'm going to struggle some in the tight stuff being as tall as it is.

Yes, I sat on the 250X and was very surprised at how tall it was.

I guess I'll have to get one of those too...... :rolleyes:

1 person likes this