shift shaft on a 04 yz 450f

My splines on my shift shaft are worn out how do I replace the shaft and I hope I do not half to split case I can't afford that and I'll be taking it to a shop plz give me info on this thanks

Pull the right side outer case and remove the clutch assembly. After that it should be self explanatory.

Pretty easy fix. Get a manual. Make sure you get the kick starter gear spring in correctly.

This is the shaft that the shifter sits on to change gears the splines are worn down on them and justt can't afford to split the case

Pull the right side outer case and remove the clutch assembly. After that it should be self explanatory.

So I don't half to split the case to change out the shift shaft that my shifter goes on ?

So I don't half to split the case to change out the shift shaft that my shifter goes on ?

I am pretty sure you only have to pull the outer case and the clutch assembly. Definitely get a manual, it tells you everything. Yamaha manuals are the best, better that most military manuals. Also Google and YouTube are great.

No.  Just remove the clutch assembly.

No. Just remove the clutch assembly.

Thank god that makes me feel better ...it shouldn't be that much to replace it I think like 39 for the part plus labor

No. Just remove the clutch assembly.

Thank god that makes me feel better ...it shouldn't be that much to replace it I think like 39 for the part plus labor