HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
samburger

Boyesen Quickshot Install on 426 Carb?

3 posts in this topic

I feel like surely I'm the most dense person on the forum since no one else seems to have asked this (already searched), but I'm a little confused on the install of the Quickshot on my 426 carb. My confusion is with the part my dog bit off, which says to use a tool provided (a steel rod, longer & the same diameter as the one that holds the float in place) to tap out the check valve ball, & remove/plug the leak jet with the plug also provided. But as you can see on my float to the right, the place they're saying to plug is plugged & I have gone at the check valve ball every which way I can think of to no avail. It occurred to me that the leak jet may be plugged for emission regulation like a lot of pit bike carb mixture screws after a certain year, but I can't find any information supporting or denying that. Do I just skip this step & replace the stock cover with the Boyesen cover without any other changes, or am I missing something here? 

66916a2c-cf56-45ee-8641-de1d8860aa3d_zps

Oh shit, just modified my search a little & found the 9999 other threads that cover this. Mods please delete.