Loose front brake rotor

Front bake rotor is loose where the "rivets" hold the rotor to the part that bolts to the hub. I can feel the slop when I have the brake pulled and I push the forks down. I thought at first the pads where shot, but I can see the hub part move just a little bit. It’s hard to explain, I hope you understand what I am saying. I was just wondering if it is ok for it to do that.

Front bake rotor is loose where the "rivets" hold the rotor to the part that bolts to the hub. I can feel the slop when I have the brake pulled and I push the forks down. I thought at first the pads where shot, but I can see the hub part move just a little bit. It’s hard to explain, I hope you understand what I am saying. I was just wondering if it is ok for it to do that.

It's OK, it has a floating disc......

It's OK, it has a floating disc......

Uhm... pay attention, ok, it's a floating disc so it's natural a little moving, but a big moving it could be a problem, for example a wear of the "rivets". Probably the moving thet you feel it's OK, but be sure of this; if you are in doubts, don't esitate to check your front brake: it's very very very important for your safety :)