HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

drt_jumper

Yz450fx question

67 posts in this topic

I just bought a 2016 yz450fx. First the bike is amazing and that's coming from someone who loves their 2013 yz450f that is set up perfectly (woods racing) it didn't hurt that I got a smoking deal on it $7850.00 otd after the $300 blu cru rebate.

My question is this. I am installing a new MSR Raptor adjustable pull clutch lever on it and am trying to figure out something with the neutral/clutch safety switch. On bikes in the past (non fuel injected) I just used a jumper wire and sealed it up. However I am trying to figure out if that will screw anything up on this bike. Wasn't sure if it has some type of Rev or throttle limiter if it doesn't sense the clutch is out while in gear. Just trying to make sure I don't screw up a an expensive bike. I appreciate all thoughts but am really looking for someone who has definite answers.

Thanks

Edited by drt_jumper

How did you get a bike that stickers for $8,990, for $7,850 OTD?? Or even $8,150 before the $300 rebate?

Thanks woods for the quick answer. As to the question about the price I paid. I am VERY lucky to live near one of if not the best dealership when it comes to prices in the nation. Romneycycles.com the price you see on their website is their otd price. They have the 2016 yz450fx priced at $8150.00. They only had two left in crates and I bought one of them.

Would you mind sharing where you got it for $7850? Local dealers here want full retail. 

D.

P.S. Nevermind, I see you already replied :)

I just bought a 2016 yz450fx. First the bike is amazing and that's coming from someone who loves their 2013 yz450f that is set up perfectly (woods racing) it didn't hurt that I got a smoking deal on it $7850.00 otd after the $300 blu cru rebate.

My question is this. I am installing a new MSR Raptor adjustable pull clutch lever on it and am trying to figure out something with the neutral/clutch safety switch. On bikes in the past (non fuel injected) I just used a jumper wire and sealed it up. However I am trying to figure out if that will screw anything up on this bike. Wasn't sure if it has some type of Rev or throttle limiter if it doesn't sense the clutch is out while in gear. Just trying to make sure I don't screw up a an expensive bike. I appreciate all thoughts but am really looking for someone who has definite answers.
Thanks

Edited by SpeedDemon77

Thanks woods for the quick answer. As to the question about the price I paid. I am VERY lucky to live near one of if not the best dealership when it comes to prices in the nation. Romneycycles.com the price you see on their website is their otd price. They have the 2016 yz450fx priced at $8150.00. They only had two left in crates and I bought one of them.

They advertise them for $8,150 but they don't say OTD. They don't charge sales tax on that price??

Not if you are from out of state they dont.

You would be charged sales tax in your home state when registering the bike. If your home state doesn't charge sales tax then you're good.

Only if you register it which I am not not doing. However if I had to here in Virginia the tax would only be $326.00. So after the BluCru credit it still would have only been $8176.00

The tax thing varies so much from state to state that you can't really make any general statements about it that end up being accurate.  

Pretty typical to get a $1k discount from retail on a Japanse dirt bike...

I'm not sure about that if it's just been released at least at the Yamaha dealers in Los Angeles area. I think when they are 6 Months old and plentiful they might deal better. 

I'm not sure about that if it's just been released at least at the Yamaha dealers in Los Angeles area. I think when they are 6 Months old and plentiful they might deal better. 

That's kind of what i meant.

Yeah, if you are an 'early adoptor' then you pay the $price$...

Pretty typical to get a $1k discount from retail on a Japanse dirt bike...

I got a $1,100 discount on my 350 EXC ($900 + $200 store credit) and a $800 disc on my 300 XC-W.

My OTD price ends up being the suggested retail price.

Edited by KennyMc
1 person likes this

I got a $1,100 discount on my 350 EXC ($900 + $200 store credit) and a $800 disc on my 300 XC-W.

My OTD price ends up being the suggested retail price.

With the BETA BYOB, you get 5% off from BETA, 5% off from the Dealer, 5-15% off you upgrades part prices, credit back on the stock parts (or they give them to you), all installed for free. 

Still turns out to be a boatload of dough..... :facepalm:

1 person likes this

With the BETA BYOB, you get 5% off from BETA, 5% off from the Dealer, 5-15% off you upgrades part prices, credit back on the stock parts (or they give them to you), all installed for free.

Still turns out to be a boatload of dough..... :facepalm:

Yeah, but it's just money.

What would you rather have: money stashed away in some bank somewhere, or a nice, shiny new DIRT BIKE in your garage? (even among your apparent sea of dirt bikes)

I would choose shiny new dirt bike every time and worry about the money later. Or not worry.

Yeah, but it's just money.

What would you rather have: money stashed away in some bank somewhere, or a nice, shiny new DIRT BIKE in your garage? (even among your apparent sea of dirt bikes)

I would choose shiny new dirt bike every time and worry about the money later. Or not worry.

I don't get it... you mean the waiting for the Beta?

Money is money. Time is time. Bikes however, are NOT just bikes!  

No sea. Not even a river. Just a few drops.  I don't keep things I don't use regularlly.

Edited by KRANNIE

I don't get it... you mean the waiting for the Beta?

Money is money. Time is time. Bikes however, are NOT just bikes!

No sea. Not even a river. Just a few drops. I don't keep things I don't use regularlly.

No, I was responding to the boatload of dough comment, only to say that unless it's gonna put you out on the street, might as well buy a new dirt bike. Can't take it with you when you go... Which is around 50% of my logic behind getting a new WR or 450FX sometime this year probably. I also thought you had a bunch of bikes for some reason. Neither here nor there...

No, I was responding to the boatload of dough comment, only to say that unless it's gonna put you out on the street, might as well buy a new dirt bike. Can't take it with you when you go... Which is around 50% of my logic behind getting a new WR or 450FX sometime this year probably. I also thought you had a bunch of bikes for some reason. Neither here nor there...

giphy%201_zpshazfhxvo.gif