HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
G-Man

4-Stroke National Recap

8 posts in this topic

The newly redesigned Ocotillo track, promoted by “GO HUGE RACING” Coleman Manchester was host to the second round of the 4-stroke National.

I don’t know what it is with these boys but EVERYTIME these guys come to AZ, the wind blows like Dorothy’s in town! 20 to 35mph gusts once again welcomed the 65 4-stroke Pros and the track got so rough, dusty and nasty that they almost did not do the second moto. Fortunately they had a vote and the moto went off, not without some skirmishes. This included two riders getting tangled up and then brawling, complete with a headlock and punching! LOL

Spud “Spudman” Walters once again cleaned house on his immaculately prepared White Brothers prepared CR450F. His teammate Paul Carpenter kept him honest, but with the brutal conditions in the 35 min moto he settled for a safe second. Local favorite wild man Jimmy LaMastus rag dolled hard and got carted off in the meat wagon, hope he’s ok.

Overall: (18 Honda , 17 Yamaha , 5 KTM's in main motos)

1. Spud Walters (Hon); 2. Paul Carpenter (Hon); 3. Chaun McAlister (KTM); 4. Matt Karlsen (Yam); 5. Nathan Woods (Yam); 6. Carter Gurnee (Hon); 7. Brandon Thomas (Hon); 8. Erik Anderson (Hon); 9. Dustin Nelson (Yam); 10. Robert Naughton (KTM)

While I was on the start line for my first 40+ Int moto, I heard a “Hey G-Man” from behind. It was KX397 (TJ) who was there doing a “journalist” story for MX America. After reading this board today I guess I should have asked him if he was “qualified”! LOL Seemed like a cool guy and I hope to go riding with him soon.

Well you know how it goes, anytime someone new shows up to and your ready to moto…..

Sure enough I was going pretty good in 3rd when out of suddenly my front wheel got swallowed up by a 2ft silty curb style pot hole! Next thing I know I’m seeing stars and I see a rider headed my way I stand up and sure enough he hits the same knarly hole and promptly endoes too! Broke his visor off and everything, I think he pulled off. I yelled to the track worker that they needed to do something with that hole as it was really dangerous, but you know how that goes. So here I am I frantically trying to get back into the race, starting the SOB 426!!! LOL

Yea yea yea I know the Yami-blues, got going again and finished fourth. Second moto got a better start and avoided that particular land mine but the track was littered with these and you really had to watch your lines. Matter of fact one of my motos was so bad that I thought I was in a freaken Desert Race! I hate racing in “White-Out” conditions especially not knowing if there’s a down rider or pothole or rock.

My finishes were:

AZOTMX 40 Master 1-1

AMX 40 Int 4-2 for 2nd OA

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that after my second 40int moto, two riders who finished BEHIND me were bitching at me after the finish for getting in their way! I’m like &%$#@!!!!! Excuse me but motocross is not about letting riders by! I guess they were in a heated battle in the 30Nov race and wanted me to move over. I laughed at them and told them they were freaken sandbaggers and I don’t know who the F**K is behind me and I isn’t moving over for nobody! It got pretty heated and people were watching but I think I got my point across. What do they think, I have rear view mirrors on and am suppose to know there battling for the lead in “THEIR” class! With the dusty brutal conditions I was doing everything I could to keep them behind me, and did! Freaken Crybabies!

Next week is the Southwest Vet Championships at SpeedWorld, so my fellow Zonies need to get their ass out there!

Uhhhhh were you there Paul, you sound just like that guy! LOL

All it did was make me more determined to keep them behind me. It's not like they were lapping me or anything, and I sure didn't know who the hell they were or want to eat dust on that dangerous track!

:)

G

GMan,

Novice riders complaining that a INTER was holding them back : Ain't that a bitch :)

BTW the track was bad on Saturday too.

Originally posted by Maicoman:

GMan,

Novice riders complaining that a INTER was holding them back : Ain't that a bitch :)

Yea they were kids (30+ class), so I will give them the benefit of of the doubt.

Don actually said the track was a lot better on Sat. W/O the Pros racing on it, you probably didn't get to experence some real "fun".

where u racing Sun?

btw thx for the 6am freaken phone call on Sat!!!!

Don't be surprized if you get a 4:30am wakeup call one day!! LOL :D

Originally posted by Maicoman:

GMan,

Yea they were kids (30+ class), so I will give them the benefit of of the doubt.

Don actually said the track was a lot better on Sat. W/O the Pros racing on it, you probably didn't get to experence some real "fun".

where u racing Sun?

btw thx for the 6am freaken phone call on Sat!!!!

Don't be surprized if you get a 4:30am wakeup call one day!! LOL :D

Yea X quit getting in my way at sign-up! :D