HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TETONSUNRISE

Most Comfortable Chest Protector?

14 posts in this topic

I am curious to know what everyone that rides trails through the trees are wearing. Especially when you don't want a protector to choke off your wind ducking under a leaning tree in the way. What is the most trail friendly and comfortable chest protector? Thanks, in advance everyone for your help and info.

HRP!! And you can buy the size that fits you.

ie: adult medium through adult X-large

MOe

I use a Fox Airframe. Light weight, very comfortable and breathes well too.

I second the Airframe - I like it. It is also pretty low profile in the shoulders.

I have the old original fox I can't remember it's name, but what I don't like is when I try to look back over my sholder the bottom of my helmet rubs the sholder area of the vest making it hard to look behind, and thats important for me cause I'am always in the lead :) Is there vests that don't do that or do they all do it.

I have the Thor Force protector and I'm very happy with it. The only thing it lacks is no upper arm shield. I like the fit and it doesn't interfere with a fanny pack when I'm wearing one. :)

My vote goes to the Fox. I also have the old one (blue and black) I just can't believe I had not even a scratch on the top of my body after my last severe crash last september. Every ride, I forget that I'm actually wearing it and it is proven to be really effective protective gear to my opinion... You can't go wrong with these foxies... I don't know about bigger guys though. I'm 6'1 and 170 so...

I go with the Thor Force as well. I hate wearing chest protectors. The bummer with the force is the toughness of wearing a camelback.

Tom

The Troy Lee model works well, for me. It has a slightly radical curve in front. If a person is thin enough, this protector is excellent.

I guess after this winter, I better sell it!

I am curious to know what everyone that rides trails through the trees are wearing. Especially when you don't want a protector to choke off your wind ducking under a leaning tree in the way. What is the most trail friendly and comfortable chest protector? Thanks, in advance everyone for your help and info.

I used Fox for many years. Now I use the new Answer unit.