2016 YZ450FX.... Can it be made street legal?(except CA of course)

I'm about to pull the trigger on the new FX, but I need to be able to make it street legal in Nevada.  It's got to be do able with the eletric start system right?

I'm not sure about the US, but here in Australia you can buy them with a rec reg kit fitted

Well it can be in AZ

Should be no problem in NV as long as you have a NV address to use.

Well it can be in AZ

My plan exactly.

Go to the nevada dmv site and it'll tell you the requirement to make it street legal, it's pretty simple, I know guys with two strokes that are plated in Nevada.

Basically put a light kit, with turn and brake signals, dot tires, take it to a shop and have them inspect it, take that paperwork to the dmv and get your plate.

The FX has the same basic electrical system at the core that the EFI WR does, just less to the harness.  For that matter, so does the EFI YZ450.  Just a matter of tapping into the 12v DC section and adding on.

Thanks Grayracer....  that's what I was looking for :ride:

The FX has the same basic electrical system at the core that the EFI WR does, just less to the harness.  For that matter, so does the EFI YZ450.  Just a matter of tapping into the 12v DC section and adding on.

Do you know if the WR head/tail light will plug right in on the FX somewhere or would I have to make my own harness?

No idea.  I would bet there's no connector on board.