HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YZ Yankee

Cooling System?

2 posts in this topic

Had an issue with coolant spilling out of my muffler and exhaust pipe. I thought I'd have a blown head gasket, but it turns out that some bolts, on the cylinder head were loose.

I ended up rebuilding the top end, new piston, rings, valve springs cylinder gasket upper and lower.

What I noticed after I assembled the bike were a lot of black particles in the collant when I flush the radiator. The particles appeared to be solidified grease. After four flushes there was still a significant amount of particles in the coolant. I did run the bike in between flushes.

Is it possible for the cooling system to get stopped up? Coolant not flowing, excess pressure in the system.

What are signs of a bad water pump?

Almost looks like it's leaking from the base gasket. Gaskets are new. Should I use some of that copper gasket stuff?

The bike ran well otherwise, start in 1-2 kicks, better compression than before.

Edited by YZ Yankee

Radiator cells are the ones to clean as are the smallest passages of cooling system.

No nead of the copper gasket , check of any marks on the water pump cover and engine covers.

1 person likes this