HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maes426

How do you "Free Mod" a 2002 WR 426F?

4 posts in this topic

Can someone please direct me to what exactly I need to do to bring my WR426 to life? I don't want it real loud, and don't want to change the CAM. Please help, anyone?

I just finally did my 2000 WR 400 and it was very easy and quick. I just disconnected the grey wire under the tank, removed the air box baffle and I ordered a pipe insert off of e-bay that was only $20. I haven't done the throttle stop mod yet but I plan to next.

maes426,

Do the grey wire cut like mentioned above. Also here are some essentials. :D

1) BK Mod - adjust fuel squirt in carb, try motoman393's website.

2) Throttle stop - shave off a few millimeters.

3) ACV mod- reverse the diaphram in the ACV.

4) If you haven't removed the baffle in the stock exhaust , nows the time :)

5) Re-jet - my bike came all plugged up and constipated from the dealer. The jetting sucked, the acceleration sucked, the bike ran crappy. I used the "search" feature here at TT to find alot of info. Now my bike is AWESOME :D Remember not to do everything at once...if there's a problem you won't know where to start. These simple mods should bring your 02 to life. Good luck :D

Change your exhaust cam timing to the YZ spec. This will make quite a difference. Different exhaust would be a huge help as well.