** Utah riders, Little Sahara on Saturday 12:00 noon **

Saddle up, it's time to start riding again. I'm sure there'll be some snow in the foothills and shaded areas, but I can't wait any longer. If I can find one strip of sand melted by the sun this weekend, I'll be riding. Weather says 45 degrees on Saturday. Warm enough for me.

Let's meet at the ranger station at the park entrance at noon. Everybody who's coming chime in...

- Eric

Eric,

Wish I could make it, but you know how it is. It's busy season for me right now and I just can't spare the afternoon. If I'm not working I'm going to be with my wife and little boy. I'll be thinking about you guys though if it does happen. I can't wait to saddle up again.

Doug

Doug-the cow dung race at Bunkerhill is on the 20th. Considering your creditials and experience... ? Couldn't help myself. I'll never get that picture of you face down in that cow pie out of my head.

Sounds like its right down my ally. You know...Come to think of it, I don't think I ever washed that jersey and I know for a fact that the vents in my helmet (not to mention my goggles) are still plugged with the stuff. If I show up wearing the appropriate smells I may get a discount on my entry fee. Sweeeeeeeet! ?

Doug

If we sneak in from the side ?, same spot we met last year... past the entrance, through the cattle guard, and left at the fork in the road... we can avoid flags and the entry fee. There's never anyone that deep in the park. It's a thought. I do if we ride in the white sands area, the rangers will be looking for flags.

Saddle up, it's time to start riding again. I'm sure there'll be some snow in the foothills and shaded areas, but I can't wait any longer. If I can find one strip of sand melted by the sun this weekend, I'll be riding. Weather says 45 degrees on Saturday. Warm enough for me.

Let's meet at the ranger station at the park entrance at noon. Everybody who's coming chime in...

- Eric

Sand?? Yuck, I hate sand. ? I think I'll pass and wait for more snow to melt. I'm itchy too, but I think I can hold out for one more weekend. Thanks though...........db

Chris,

Laid-off...Been there, done that. Once you get over the shock you'll be fine just don't let it get you down. What do you do? Maybe some of us here will have a contact or two for you. It can't hurt anyway. We're all willing to help out the brotherhood.

Best of luck,

Doug

I'd love to join you guys but I would think a snowmobile would look silly with a flag on it. Oh, you guys are going to be riding dirt bikes? GOOD LUCK!! ?:D:D:usa:

I'm gonna hook up with 'ol FTD (Hoss) Saturday for some riding since there's NO SNOW HERE! :D :D

Danny - I'll be riding here next weekend also -- should be in the low 50s all week. Foothills will melt and make a huge pile of mud ?. Perfect riding. 'till then, it'll be sand riding this weekend.

- Eric

Just called the little sahara weather hotline at 435-433-5961. They reported 45 degrees today sunny, snow is fully melted of the north facing sand dunes and mostly off the rest. By Saturday with continued 45 degree weather, all the snow should be gone. I'm ready to ride.

It's a go... just got off the phone with the ranger station. Apparently they only got a little less than 1 inch of snow last night which has already melted. No more snow in the forecast for them. Sand will be wet and packed -- should be great conditions. So far there are 4 riders going. Everybody's welcome. Make sure you reply if you're coming so we can watch for you.

- Eric