Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motoxpress

'00 426 gotchas

4 posts in this topic

I am thinking about picking up a '00 426 for this year's MX bike and I wanted to know what the 'look out for..' items were. I know they had problems with rear hubs and clutch baskets, what else? I would get a newer one but my budget is between $3500 and 4000 and the '00 seems to fit that range.

Thanks

George Loch

Check the swing arm below the chain buffer. The wheel bearings arent sealed very well, check those for smoothness. Fork seals notorius for leaking. Just about everything is relativly minor that you could find on a "kickin the tires" inspection.

Originally posted by motoxpress:

I am thinking about picking up a '00 426 for this year's MX bike and I wanted to know what the 'look out for..' items were. I know they had problems with rear hubs and clutch baskets, what else? I would get a newer one but my budget is between $3500 and 4000 and the '00 seems to fit that range.

Thanks

George Loch

George, if you are looking for a 426, i have one for sale for $4000 OBO. Is an 00' with about 30 easy hours on it. Is in great shape and everything works perfectly. Starts right up and runs all day.

Originally posted by acarter920:

George, if you are looking for a 426, i have one for sale for $4000 OBO. Is an 00' with about 30 easy hours on it. Is in great shape and everything works perfectly. Starts right up and runs all day.

Thanks for letting me know. I am not sure where you are but $4000 is my threshold and I assume that you are located outside of my area(Utah) so, there would be shippin involved. If you want to pursue this contact me via email and include some picts if you can. george@motoxpress.com

[ March 05, 2002: Message edited by: motoxpress ]