HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oregon_Thumper

Problems Shifting

7 posts in this topic

I went trail riding and a little track type riding this weekend and I was having problems shifting from 2nd to 1st. I pulled in the clutch and pushed down and it either didn't go out of 2nd or went into neutral. I had to almost double clutch it. Sometimes it won't even go into 1st unless I let the clutch out a little then it pops down. Now I am not a rookie here and I know how to shift. I have been riding street and dirt for 12 years. Does anyone have this problem or has had this problem before. Suggestions?

Bent shift fork?

Just a guess. Do you tend to stomp between the gears? I have heard of people bending the forks by stomping too hard on the shifter. I have also heard of shift forks bending after a good crash where the ground pounds on the shift lever.

This is my first year to ride a 4 stroke. It does not shift as good as my 01 YZ250. My only problem is when I shifting from 1st to 2nd. If I am not carefull it will go into nutral. I make sure if there is a jump right out of a turn and I do it in first, that I dont shift into second until I hit the ground. I have never endoed, but have had several close calls.

This is my first year to ride a 4 stroke. It does not shift as good as my 01 YZ250. My only problem is when I shifting from 1st to 2nd. If I am not carefull it will go into nutral. I make sure if there is a jump right out of a turn and I do it in first, that I dont shift into second until I hit the ground. I have never endoed, but have had several close calls.

I don't know about the bent shift lever , mine did this right out of the box. I can almost count on it when downshifting from 2nd to 1st. I've just learned to deal with it. If anyone has a fix, I'd be interested too!