Overflowing coolant

Hi,

This has me stumped. I cant seem to keep coolant in my radiator without losing it outthe overflow. I have just replaced the seals in the waterpump (all other parts were good) hoping it would fix the problem but hasnt. Im hoping that its simply just the incorrect radiator cap and just allowing coolant to pass before it gets to pressure. Bike isnt overheating as it happens just after it gets to temp. I have noticed the overflow tank is filling but not sending fluid back to the radiator.

Has a new head gasket in and almost all parts are in great cond as its done less than 1000kms.

Also managed to get a massive oil leak from where the oil line bolts to the engine after taking it apart for the waterpump. Im hoping thats just the o ring.

Thanks

Going to a 1.6 cap isn't solving the problem you have

A 1.1 cap is fine, if there is no other problem.

Golden rule of problem solving is don't change something to fix the symptoms of a different problem - fix the original problem!

Assuming you haven't got an airlock in your system, try a new 1.1 cap

If that fails, head gasket is suspect as combustion gases are getting in to the coolant system and blowing past the rad cap as the pressure is too high

• Like 1

Another thought

your water pump repair went wrong and the pump isn't flowing any water, so it is locally boiling the coolant around the cylinder causing excess pressure

If it was fine before you repaired the water pump, then I'd start there as its the only thing thats changes